VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:31:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bathroom Bill" cost Greensboro, NC. RIDICULOUS!!!  (Read 14915 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:01:47 EDT »

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/14/north-carolina-ncaa-tournament-games-hb2

Probably old news to most here, but I hadn't actually heard this until today.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:46:50 EDT by droner » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 03:20:09 EDT »

It is absolutely ridiculous. Not necessarily on the part of the state, though.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 04:51:07 EDT »

It is absolutely ridiculous. Not necessarily on the part of the state, though.

This.  Political correctness is out of control. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
droner
Admins
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 05:50:02 EDT »

And in Greenville, SC we thank them for it. Tourney starts here Friday. 

I fixed the link, JeffCountyVolFan.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 07:41:14 EDT »

And in Greenville, SC we thank them for it. Tourney starts here Friday. 

I fixed the link, JeffCountyVolFan.

Thanks for the help, droner.  I didn't test it (should have, I guess).

Yeah, Creek, that's what I meant (realize that I was vague on what I thought was ridiculous).   

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 09:26:09 EDT »

I think it's absolutely preposterous that an organization funded by member institutions that are funded by public tax dollars and receive federal financial assistance can deny opportunities to host events to cities and states based on political biases. If Bruce Springsteen and Paypal want to boycott North Carolina, so be it. Private individuals and businesses can make all the political statements they want. But I question how what the NCAA is doing is even constitutional.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 03:50:05 EDT »

I hate to wade into a political discussion, but isn't there really a simple solution to all this?

If you look like a dude, use the mens' room.  If you look like a woman, use the ladies' room.  Beyond that, it's "don't ask don't tell".  Simple as that.  I want to remain blissfully ignorant of the fact that the dude in the stall next to me is actually a chick.

Now if you're obviously a man but "identify as a woman", then sorry, but you're SOL.  The price of admission to your chosen bathroom is a wig, a dress, and maybe some makeup.  You were born with a Y chromosome.  Just deal with it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 03:23:45 EDT »

Well hello Politvol, but what helped start this was a student in NC that was physically a male was offered a special bathroom and that was not good enough, so "she" sued for access to the girls locker room andthe Obama DO supported the lawsuit. The bill by NC was supposedly at least in part or not in whole a response to that.
So...the "rights" of the 1 exceed the rights of the other 99.
This is a case study in political excess, going too far, call it what you will. If it's any consolation, I saw at least two or three true blue libreal bloggers actually admit the lawsuit was going too far. So yeah....ENOUGH ALREADY!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 03:57:36 EDT »

These groups don't want their own bathrooms. They want to force their will on others. JMO.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 04:23:27 EDT »

Here is an example...a physical female in Virginia rejected the school zone's policy of a single unit unisex bathroom.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/federal-appeals-court-sides-with-trangender-teen-says-bathroom-case-can-go-forward/2016/04/19/6a873b88-f76b-11e5-9804-537defcc3cf6_story.html

I'm sorry but that does go too far.  The rights of the other students matter also!

I read somewhere that the North Carolina law was inspired by a similar case in North Carolina, but I could be mistaken about that.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 11:44:24 EDT »

My whole problem with this thing is that it's obvious that the final solution is going to be all unisex bathrooms in public spaces.  And that doesn't sit well with me at all.  When I go into the bathroom at work and sit on the throne to drop a big brown deuce, I'm not even comfortable with other guys being in there.  If I knew there were going to be women in there too, I probably wouldn't go at all.  I'd just hold it all day.  And that can't be healthy.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 12:25:04 EDT »

My whole problem with this thing is that it's obvious that the final solution is going to be all unisex bathrooms in public spaces.  And that doesn't sit well with me at all.  When I go into the bathroom at work and sit on the throne to drop a big brown deuce, I'm not even comfortable with other guys being in there.  If I knew there were going to be women in there too, I probably wouldn't go at all.  I'd just hold it all day.  And that can't be healthy.

But we can't make those few individuals feel discriminated against just for the consideration of the many, can we? 

If you've got equipment for the men's room, that's where you need to be. If you've got the female parts, there's a big W on your restroom. It can't be that difficult to understand, it seems to me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:37:39 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 12:30:18 EDT »

I bet if one of these folks were faced with going to a women's or a men's prison, I bet they would identify with the appropriate gender real quick.  Which bathroom have they been using before the past year or so. Why is this an issue now and not before. 

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 12:35:39 EDT »

Here is an example...a physical female in Virginia rejected the school zone's policy of a single unit unisex bathroom.

I have a real problem with this. There is a solution that would allow these individuals to not be required to use the 'correct' restroom, but they aren't interested in that solution. Their goal is to force the majority to bow to their will. It's like the gay marriage issue: civil union proposals (with the same legal and financial standing as marriage) were not acceptable - the whole institution of marriage had to be redefined to fit another lifestyle, and anything less would not be considered.

BTW, this discussion originated as a post about the NCAA tournament but has changed course. If it needs to be moved to the Politivol forum, please make the move (someone who has authority and knowledge to do so).  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:38:58 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 12:46:04 EDT »

I have a real problem with this. There is a solution that would allow these individuals to not be required to use the 'correct' restroom, but they aren't interested in that solution. Their goal is to force the majority to bow to their will. It's like the gay marriage issue: civil union proposals (with the same legal and financial standing as marriage) were not acceptable - the whole institution of marriage had to be redefined to fit another lifestyle, and anything less would not be considered.

BTW, this discussion originated as a post about the NCAA tournament but has changed course. If it needs to be moved to the Politivol forum, please make the move (someone who has authority and knowledge to do so).  

I have no problem with gay marriage.  Well actually I DO- though it has nothing to do with gays, but marriage in general  .  If gays want to make the worst mistake of their life, that's their right.  It doesn't affect me in the least.  But when they get the government to compel me to bake them a cake, then we have a problem.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 12:55:38 EDT »

But when they get the government to compel me to bake them a cake, then we have a problem.

Yep.  This is the proof that it's not about anything other than political correctness and the government being in control of every aspect of society.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 01:04:30 EDT »

I agree with you for the most part, BDV, except for the fact that my wife has made my life whole.   My point was more that the agenda seems to be forcing the majority to bend to their will rather than finding any alternative that would work for everyone.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 01:17:06 EDT »

Back the bathroom thing- If you're in the mens' room doing your business and someone else walks in, which would make you feel the most uncomfortable?:

A. Someone who was born female but has had some procedures done, and is per all outward appearances a man, or...

B. Caitlyn Jenner

I don't know about you, but I'm going with B.

There is no perfect solution to this issue, but I'd rather share the mens room with others who look like me.  If they were born a female, I don't want or need to know.

My main problem is those who "identify as X".  If you were born a dude, and you look like a dude, then you're a dude.  I don't care how you "identify".  

I choose to "identify" as a well-hung billionaire.  So does the government owe me a smoking hot girlfriend and a billion dollars?

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 05:12:37 EDT »

I have no problem with gay marriage.  Well actually I DO- though it has nothing to do with gays, but marriage in general  .  If gays want to make the worst mistake of their life, that's their right.  It doesn't affect me in the least.  But when they get the government to compel me to bake them a cake, then we have a problem.
If it's a privately owned business, the government can't make you bake them a cake. But, it doesn't mean you're immune from the fallout and it's financial consequences. I think the bakeries that were involved in this issue are both out of business just because of the bad press. I just don't think any law should be inacted that justifies discriminating against group or race for trivial reasons. Why would a business not want their money? Gays are huge demographic, income wise. If we start passing these types of laws, it just makes it easier to discriminate for whatever reason the business owner chooses. It is a divisive issue.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 09:44:50 EDT »

If it's a privately owned business, the government can't make you bake them a cake. But, it doesn't mean you're immune from the fallout and it's financial consequences. I think the bakeries that were involved in this issue are both out of business just because of the bad press. I just don't think any law should be inacted that justifies discriminating against group or race for trivial reasons. Why would a business not want their money? Gays are huge demographic, income wise. If we start passing these types of laws, it just makes it easier to discriminate for whatever reason the business owner chooses. It is a divisive issue.

Yeah?  And what if those same games want to go into the men's room and s--- each other off?  They should be allowed to do that in the women's room!   One of them likely identifies as female, so that should be okay.  As long as they stay in the stall and don't make a lot of noise, who cares?  Stupid Christians!  Discriminating against a gay man's (or woman's) right to get a BJ in a public restroom!  I am HIGHLY offended.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: