VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:37:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Another Tennessee championship"!  (Read 4761 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:38:24 EDT »

This will look great next to our Champions of Life trophy.

http://gridironnow.com/vols-chancellor-considers-today-show-stunt-another-tennessee-championship/

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:53:40 EDT »

We lead the nation in offseason championships.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 01:48:15 EDT »

We lead the nation in offseason championships.

I don't know Phil...have you checked bama's latest offseason championship count?
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 03:01:10 EDT »

I don't know Phil...have you checked bama's latest offseason championship count?

Yep, silly rumors abound about a recent 26th SEC football championship. That's as silly as when the bammers claimed their football program would be back. What fools as we all knew the Bryant days of dynasty were done. Idiots!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 05:17:21 EDT »

Go Army - Beat Navy!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 04:01:33 EDT »

Yep, silly rumors abound about a recent 26th SEC football championship. That's as silly as when the bammers claimed their football program would be back. What fools as we all knew the Bryant days of dynasty were done. Idiots!

Sorry Phil, I didn't know you changed your screen name.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 04:59:15 EDT »

Sorry Phil, I didn't know you changed your screen name.

I didn't
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 05:23:35 EDT »

I didn't

He of course means he referred his post to you and I shouldn't have responded. While that's certainly not the way internet boards operate as each post can be discussed and opinions  submitted, this is a UT board that probably has no room for my Crimson-laced opinions.

It's difficult at times to not post what I think, but that's not how this board is setup. Therefore, I will refrain from any posts in the future and take a read-only option with the board. I've thought in the past this is probably the action I should take and this is a good opportunity to do so. Know there is no hard feelings at all on my part toward any individual here.

BG

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 05:59:37 EDT »

I think coming from the chancellor this is just a fund-raising activity and no big deal.  If Butch hadn't made his stupid comment last fall, this would have passed without so much as a comment from the media or twitterverse. I've seen countless examples of the "win another championship" marketing tag line in the past.  To name just one, a blood donation drive I participated in while at UT way back in 1989.   

Nothing to get excited about IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 06:27:55 EDT »

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/education/2017/03/27/ut-chancellor-drops-controversial-tweet-tries-again/99701990/
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15:25 EDT »

Yup.  I still say this is not a controversy without what Butch said last fall.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: