VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:14:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Univ. of Maryland President talks about death penalty for UNC....  (Read 2133 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:46:25 EDT »

He says that he would "expect" UNC to get it. In this sense I believe that the word "expect" was used to mean "hope for" or "should get" rather than "will get", which we all know won't happen.

I guess it's easier to say such things when you're not in the same conference anymore.  

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/19131827/maryland-president-wallace-loh-says-expect-death-penalty-north-carolina-tar-heels-athletics
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 10:58:32 EDT »

The UNC women's basketball program will get hammered for this.....Donnie Tyndall will get 5 more years added to his show cause.

Go ahead and put the UNC men's basketball team in your Final Four bracket for next March.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:17:10 EDT »

well lookit, not having to study helped them win the NCAA.  You cain't blame them fellers fer that!

Or....okay yeah you can.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:54:30 EDT »

When will you understand that these athletes are not there to play school. They are there to play sports. Most of us fans just wink and look the other way. Have you heard some of them in post game interviews? They are lucky to string more than one sentence together. Yet we say straight faced that we expect them to pass college level courses. This is why I will never be on board with the "free college for everyone" political bandwagon.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: