VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:24:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you venture to guess will be the next SEC coach to be fired?  (Read 6573 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:07:57 EDT »

I was reading another board and they went with Butch Jones, Kevin Sumlin, and Gus Malzahn. My question is how can Bielema not be in the running? He is 26-27 overall and 10-22 in conference games. Most say the first three all need to win 10 games. Jones needs to at least win the East.  I will be happy if Jones beats UF, UGa and one of the West teams, Bama or LSU. That will be a tall order.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:56:31 EDT »

I was reading another board and they went with Butch Jones, Kevin Sumlin, and Gus Malzahn. My question is how can Bielema not be in the running? He is 26-27 overall and 10-22 in conference games. Most say the first three all need to win 10 games. Jones needs to at least win the East.  I will be happy if Jones beats UF, UGa and one of the West teams, Bama or LSU. That will be a tall order.

LMAO off at "jones needs to win the East". Ridiculous....if he has a losing record he's gone.  8-4 and he's in.  7-5 might get a bit dicey.

Anything better, it's his best season yet.

But...apparently he will be fired if 9-3, according to you.

SMH...I don't know where you get this stuff.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 04:17:53 EDT »

My prediction is that you will continue to have ample opportunity to scream your hatred of all things CBJ, while the rest of us smile and accept the wins

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 06:53:47 EDT »

My prediction is that you will continue to have ample opportunity to scream your hatred of all things CBJ, while the rest of us smile and accept the wins
I don't hate Jones. He just hasn't shown anything on the field that impressive. I don't necessarily want him fired and restart the window of time any new coach is afforded. The biggest gripe I have is that horseface has been in Gainesville two years and went to Atlanta both years. I think a minimum of winning the East should be expected of Jones. He has had enough time to get his system in place and to prove it is a winning one. Hopefully some of the new assistants will be a big asset to the team. If 9-3 wins the East, then I will be okay. He needs to beat a team from the West as well. But it's too early to tell how good any of these teams will be.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 03:12:21 EDT »

I don't hate Jones. He just hasn't shown anything on the field that impressive. I don't necessarily want him fired and restart the window of time any new coach is afforded. The biggest gripe I have is that horseface has been in Gainesville two years and went to Atlanta both years. I think a minimum of winning the East should be expected of Jones. He has had enough time to get his system in place and to prove it is a winning one. Hopefully some of the new assistants will be a big asset to the team. If 9-3 wins the East, then I will be okay. He needs to beat a team from the West as well. But it's too early to tell how good any of these teams will be.

It's past time to beat a west team, which we have not since doofus' first year, when Ole Miss was 2-10.  LSU might be a great opportunity at home.  Bammer would be sweet, but it's at their place.  Beating bammer would be a signature win for sure, there could not be a bigger win at the present time.  Likely won't happen this year though.

Any other game on that schedule, we can win.  So even 10-2 or 11-1 theoretically are possible.  What will matter is how bad we miss Dobbs, and whether our late season defensive collapse was mostly injuries or mostly coaching.   I vote for injuries, but we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 03:10:40 EDT »

I don't hate Jones.
Your posts say otherwise

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 09:40:58 EDT »

Your posts say otherwise
I don't think he is a good coach. Obviously, you do. I'm sure a lot of folks agree with me. I'm sure a lot agree with you. If you can't win the East when its down, how do you expect him to win it when the cycle comes back around to the East being dominant again. I assume it will someday. The SEC is now rampant with mediocre coaches. At least that gives Jones a chance to have some success.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 11:15:43 EDT »

I'm just hoping these new coaches will make Butch a better coach....they need too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 07:01:39 EDT »

Let me add this...the fact that I can say "we might be 10-2 or even 11-1" is not something I could or would have done a few years ago.  In fact, I would not even go that far in 2015.  Last year was the first time I predicted 10-2 in a long time.  And this is widely perceived as a rebuilding year.

That speaks volumes for how far we have come.  I can scan the teams we play this season and feel we should be a favorite in at least 9 games, with a decent chance to win 1-2 others.

I will take that as significant progress, and hope that it continues.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 09:37:43 EDT »

IMO we have a much bigger chance of only winning 7 or 8 than we do 10. Much bigger.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 05:52:30 EDT »

IMO we have a much bigger chance of only winning 7 or 8 than we do 10. Much bigger.

I tend to agree with you, Philly.  I honestly don't think it matters who the OC is.  This is Butch's offense.  Period. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 12:08:16 EDT »

I don't disagree...just saying that even 2 years ago I would have never thought more than 8 wins possible, and now I do.  That's progress and I'll take it.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 05:10:46 EDT »

My biggest disappointment in Jones is his recruiting hasn't shown itself in on field results. His recruiting classes have been better than a good number of the teams that have beaten or finished ahead of him in the East. SCar, Vandy, Arky and even UF haven't recruited better talent lately.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 01:26:22 EDT »

My biggest disappointment in Jones is his recruiting hasn't shown itself in on field results. His recruiting classes have been better than a good number of the teams that have beaten or finished ahead of him in the East. SCar, Vandy, Arky and even UF haven't recruited better talent lately.

We beat Florida Einstein 

Arkansas is probably pretty close to us in talent. 

S Carolina and Vandy ... injuries can even up talent in a hurry.

Vandy we still should not have lost the way we did. I'll grant you that.

One out of four...I would say "not bad', but actually that is pretty bad.   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 04:41:11 EDT »

We beat Florida Einstein 

Arkansas is probably pretty close to us in talent. 

S Carolina and Vandy ... injuries can even up talent in a hurry.

Vandy we still should not have lost the way we did. I'll grant you that.

One out of four...I would say "not bad', but actually that is pretty bad.   

When was the last time Arky, Vandy, SCar or UF had a top 5 class? Jones has a lot more talented classes recently than these schools. Yes the Vols beat UF, but who went to Atlanta? While we were losing to Vandy, they were beating LSU to get there.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 05:33:18 EDT »

When was the last time Arky, Vandy, SCar or UF had a top 5 class? Jones has a lot more talented classes recently than these schools. Yes the Vols beat UF, but who went to Atlanta? While we were losing to Vandy, they were beating LSU to get there.

And yet you still haven't acknowledged that we beat Florida, the SEC-E champs. And we beat Georgia, which has had great recruiting for the last several years.

what are you going to come up with next, bamaboy?

11B4PJ3F7
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 06:36:18 EDT »

And yet you still haven't acknowledged that we beat Florida, the SEC-E champs. And we beat Georgia, which has had great recruiting for the last several years.

what are you going to come up with next, bamaboy?
cut it some slack, doesn't deal well with facts  ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 11:56:47 EDT »

If you average the classes for the last four years, UF is pretty close to us.  We have an advantage, but it's relatively small.  But who GAS?  We beat them!

And as you conveniently ignored, what was our talent against Jr and Vandy rated when you factor in at least a dozen injuries?   

Injuries can nullify talent in a hurry.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: