VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:05:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Hurd is going to Baylor to play receiver......  (Read 3474 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:02:39 EDT »

Could he not have played receiver at UT? Did he express an interest in playing receiver at UT? 

I have questions.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19220357/former-tennessee-volunteers-rb-jalen-hurd-transfer-baylor-bears
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:12:47 EDT »

I could see TE or H Back......no way do I see him as a WR.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 03:44:10 EDT »

Word is they were blown away by his time in the 20.

(He was supposed run a 40, but he quit halfway through)

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 04:16:14 EDT »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 05:55:16 EDT »

It's too bad things went they way they did with him at TN.

I'll be surprised if he makes any significant impact next season though.... new position, new school...
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 05:56:31 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 06:46:51 EDT »

I doubt anyone will ever know if Hurd asked to play receiver or not for Vols. Jones will never say. I doubt Hurd or his handlers ever will either. If you can believe the rumors (stories?) from his father, Hurd expressed displeasure with playing RB only because NFL-insiders that his family listened to said the NFL scouts were saying Hurd was not good enough to be NFL RB, but that he could make it as a TE or what NFL decides a TE now is. So Hurd asked UT if they would run more of fullback sets with Hurd lined up as true tailback. According to family, Hurd was promised more I-formation and/or work as receiver as H-back. When fall came, they had not changed and Hurd felt betrayed and was disgruntled. IMO it never looked like his head was in the game and he was just going thru the motions last year (just my opinion). I guess he realized even if he was the star, he did not run the team and that Jones really did not care if Hurd wanted to think about the NFL before he left. By his action of quitting on the team mid-season, he proved it was all about himself and not about the team.

Since no one is talking, you can listen to and believe any rumor you wish. We know he quit. We know he did not want to play exclusively at RB. He was recruited to play RB at UT and Jones is the coach. If all your training is for one position, changing mid-year and arguing with your coaches in a game and likely in private does not win you points.

This is just my opinion and only my opinion, but Hurd has cost himself $millions over any NFL career he may have had. If he changes position (I believe that is based on what his family thinks and has told him), he may not get drafted at all. Or he may go out and be a stellar H-back/TE in NFL. Who knows? It ia a crap shot at best. Could he have changed positions at UT? If he was as disgruntled as some rumors said, he would have spread even more unrest on the team than he did. When your own teammates vote you of the team, that is never good. When you quit on a team because you did not get your way, that is also never a good thing.

So my answer is no he could not have changed positions because Jones and the staff thought his value was as a RB. I also do not think there ever is a civil divorce when both sides believe they are right and the other is wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: