VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 01:40:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawless commits to UT  (Read 1088 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2017, 01:40:22 EDT »

The first domino of the Volunteer State “Big 3” has fallen.

Nashville Christian defensive tackle Brant Lawless committed to Tennessee on Monday, as the 4-star recruit chose the Vols over Ohio State, Auburn and Alabama, among others.

“I’ve just been thinking about it for a while,” Lawless told Volquest.

“The recruiting process, it’s not too easy, but every time I went there it felt like I should be there. It felt like home. So I just decided I needed to make my decision.”

Tennessee has made Lawless a priority for more than a year, selling a family atmosphere, an open depth chart and an opportunity to be coached by new assistant Brady Hoke.

“It’s just one big family when you always go up there. It’s great to talk to the coaches, hang out with them,” he said.

“I see great things happening with Brady Hoke in the future.”Lawless has particularly bonded with Hoke in recent months, having a greta visit with the former Michigan head coach during a Junior Day in early March.

“I love his style,” Lawless said. “He’s laid back but when you need that discipline or coaching, he can get really intense with you. I love his personality. He’s just a great guy. He’s very spiritual.”

Tennessee hopes to land fellow junior blue-chip in-state defensive linemen D’Andre Litaker and Greg Emerson in the class, too, but landing Lawless on Monday was vital to the foundation of the 2018 class.

The mauling tackle, who can play nose or 3-technique and had 14.5 tackles for loss last season, is arguably Tennessee’s most important 2018 commit since 5-star Cade Mays committed in June of 2016. Now officially a member of the 2018 class, Lawless is eager to get Litaker and Emerson on board, giving the Vols a ridiculous crop of in-state trench talent.

“I grew up playing against D’Andre, competing against each other. It’d be pretty cool to actually play with each other,” Lawless said.

"I think that class right there is good looking. I feel like we can get it done. We’ve all been working hard. I think it’ll turn out good. Hopefully they’ll end up making the right decision.”

Lawless, who normally keeps a stern demeanor, even admitted he was all smiles Monday.

"Yes, sir. I am. All (smiles) right now."
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:45:31 EDT »

Nice.  I hope his instinct about Hoke is correct also.  End of last season D pretty concerning.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: