VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:39:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.12 40 at UT  (Read 6426 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:34:58 EDT »

Not from a football player

https://twitter.com/real_ndg/status/859445112153223168

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 09:43:57 EDT »

60 yards, Jeff Powell!!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:44:54 EDT »

60 yards, Jeff Powell!!
Benny Blades, ladies & gentlemen, has world class speed - though Jeff Powell left him choking in the dust

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:42:12 EDT »

That is one of my favorite plays ever, possibly the favorite. Powell could fly.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 06:02:10 EDT »

Benny Blades, ladies & gentlemen, has world class speed - though Jeff Powell left him choking in the dust
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 06:31:26 EDT »

That is one of my favorite plays ever, possibly the favorite. Powell could fly.

Powell just came roaring down the greensward of the Super Dome...
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 02:00:00 EDT »

I was sitting about the 40.....when he took about 3 steps I told my buddies.....He gone!

Till this day I laugh when I think about this......At the half I was in the restroom...had to be or seemed to be 80 UT fans in there and 1 Miami fan. A half drunk UT fan asked the lone Miami fan. "Did all you Miami fans travel up here together in a Volkswagen bus???" It broke the restroom up with laughter!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 04:55:42 EDT »

Here's something depressing. The '85 SEC title was the first of my lifetime (I was 11). High school seniors now haven't been alive for one, much less remember a game.

Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 05:48:01 EDT »

It's unbelievable when you think about it. I was one year out of high school the last time Tennessee won an SEC championship. A college sophomore. And this year is our 20th high school reunion. 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 07:26:47 EDT »

It's unbelievable when you think about it. I was one year out of high school the last time Tennessee won an SEC championship. A college sophomore. And this year is our 20th high school reunion. 

So what

UT did not win an SEC championship many times before 85 in the 70s so it had been a long dry spell back then as well....the arguments everyone uses about us being SEC Champs all the time is so much perception and not as much reality.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 08:52:35 EDT »

So what

UT did not win an SEC championship many times before 85 in the 70s so it had been a long dry spell back then as well....the arguments everyone uses about us being SEC Champs all the time is so much perception and not as much reality.

Damn, the simple statements that people will attempt to turn into a debate. Must be the off-season. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 09:19:46 EDT »

My hat is off to the new crop of Vol fans. We had '86, '89, and '90 (grr), but these kids have had nothing.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 06:53:43 EDT »

Damn, the simple statements that people will attempt to turn into a debate. Must be the off-season. 

It's true man, the 70s were pretty lean years

Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 07:26:53 EDT »

It's true man, the 70s were pretty lean years

Which has exactly what to do with the statement I made?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 08:55:04 EDT »

So what

True...but dry spells suck, and we did win a championship in 1970, so that decade wasn't completely lost.  Current gap is longer.   

Worse, we may go two decades without...here's to this year exceeding expectations   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 03:44:40 EDT »

Between '69 to '85 was our previous record dry spell. We've sailed past that with ease.  

Even if we'd won in '01, we'd still tie that mark with a win this year.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:47:34 EDT by murfvol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 02:41:01 EDT »

Between '69 to '85 was our previous record dry spell. We've sailed past that with ease.  

Even if we'd won in '01, we'd still tie that mark with a win this year.

Every one loves to point the finger at Fulmer.  He let things slide for sure, but the aftermath was far worse.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: