VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:08:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Roger Moore  (Read 2171 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2017, 04:00:27 EDT »

I'm somewhat of a Bond junkie.  And IMO, he has the distinction of starring in both the best (The Spy Who Loved Me) and worst (Moonraker) films of the series.  Back to back, no less.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 07:06:39 EDT »

Also took it less seriously than any other Bond...which has it's pros and cons I guess.

RIP Roger Moore     (need a UK flag????  )

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:33:14 EDT »

I'm somewhat of a Bond junkie.  And IMO, he has the distinction of starring in both the best (The Spy Who Loved Me) and worst (Moonraker) films of the series.  Back to back, no less.

Same here.  I guess "worst" is relative.  I mean, I get why Moonraker gets that distinction but Octopussy is pretty cheesy too (though I enjoy it).  I guess at the end of the day one could call most of Moore's Bond movies "cheesy" but one must take them in with the context of the time they are made.  I can (and do) rewatch all the Bonds pretty regularly and if I had a watch count running I'm pretty sure Moore's films would be at the top.  Great stuff.  From what I've read over the years Moore was a gentleman and all around good guy.  

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:35:00 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:43:30 EDT »

Same here.  I guess "worst" is relative.  I mean, I get why Moonraker gets that distinction but Octopussy is pretty cheesy too (though I enjoy it).

Ah yes. The most cringe-worthy moment in the whole series:

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 10:12:26 EDT »

Speaking of Bond, who's gonna be the next 007?

Seems like it's now looking likely that Craig returns.   However, Tom Hiddleston intrigued me... and at one time seems like I read Tom Hardy rumors too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:37:12 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 01:18:23 EDT »

Speaking of Bond, who's gonna be the next 007?

Seems like it's now looking likely that Craig returns.   However, Tom Hiddleston intrigued me... and at one time seems like I read Tom Hardy rumors too.

Other names I've heard tossed around are Jamie Bell, Idris Elba, and Damian Lewis.  But the guy I think would be perfect for the role is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau from Game of Thrones.  He checks all the boxes but one: he's not English.  But that's not unprecedented- Lazenby was Australian.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: