VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:12:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Braves promote the KKK, and it is NOT OK...  (Read 5287 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2017, 02:24:33 EDT »

http://beta.barstoolsports.com/newyork/girl-gets-offended-at-braves-game-because-of-a-kkk-sign-recording-the-number-of-strike-outs/

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:34:16 EDT »

Some people are just plain dumb asses. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 03:49:57 EDT »

Now that I think about it, this girl may actually have a point.  It may actually BE a Klan sign.  Seems more likely than a Braves pitcher recording three strikeouts.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 06:02:45 EDT »

The scary thing is that there are maybe millions out there just like her.  Too bad there wasn't a struck out looking in the mix.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 04:08:18 EDT »

And they vote too!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 04:36:38 EDT »

Now that I think about it, this girl may actually have a point.  It may actually BE a Klan sign.  Seems more likely than a Braves pitcher recording three strikeouts.

The Braves need a closer. Johnson just blew another game. He's tied for the lead in blown saves. Leading 4-1 going into the ninth and they lost in 10. Dickey pitched a great game.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 04:43:40 EDT »

The Braves need a closer. Johnson just blew another game. He's tied for the lead in blown saves. Leading 4-1 going into the ninth and they lost in 10. Dickey pitched a great game.

Johnson is probably going to be dealt before the deadline.  AJ Minter is their closer of the future, and he's just about ready for the callup.

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 01:53:44 EDT »

Johnson is probably going to be dealt before the deadline.  AJ Minter is their closer of the future, and he's just about ready for the callup.

When you score 13 runs you don't need a reliever. 

If they win tomorrow they will gain 2 games on the Nats. If they win tomorrow and had held on last night they would gain 4 games on the Nats. 

Last night's loss sucked. 

Realistically, a wild card spot is probably the best they can hope for. And with the number of teams ahead of them, last night's loss could haunt them.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 02:50:38 EDT »

When you score 13 runs you don't need a reliever.  

If they win tomorrow they will gain 2 games on the Nats. If they win tomorrow and had held on last night they would gain 4 games on the Nats.  

Last night's loss sucked.  

Realistically, a wild card spot is probably the best they can hope for. And with the number of teams ahead of them, last night's loss could haunt them.

Honestly, I kind of hope they go into a slump this month, knocking them out of contention.  Whatever it takes to make them sellers and not buyers at the trade deadline.  They currently sit, what- 8.5 back in the division?  And even farther in the wildcard?  It's not happening.  They've exceeded expectations so far, but this team isn't built for the postseason; they're built to be placeholders until the prospects arrive (Freeman, Swanson, and Inciarte excepted).  And if by some fluke they DO make the playoffs, they'll be eliminated in short order.  There's no sense in trading away the future for what basically amounts to a lottery ticket.  I hope they remain patient and continue with the rebuild.  They'll get back to the postseason eventually- maybe as soon as next year.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:02:24 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 03:16:04 EDT »

Honestly, I kind of hope they go into a slump this month, knocking them out of contention.  Whatever it takes to make them sellers and not buyers at the trade deadline.  They currently sit, what- 8.5 back in the division?  And even farther in the wildcard?  It's not happening.  They've exceeded expectations so far, but this team isn't built for the postseason; they're built to be placeholders until the prospects arrive (Freeman, Swanson, and Inciarte excepted).  And if by some fluke they DO make the playoffs, they'll be eliminated in short order.  There's no sense in trading away the future for what basically amounts to a lottery ticket.  I hope they remain patient and continue with the rebuild.  They'll get back to the postseason eventually- maybe as soon as next year.

I agree that they shouldn't mortgage the future for a chance this year. I'm looking at them like the 90's Braves. We probably won't see a Glavine or Smoltz coming up but a little better starting pitching and a closer would make them competitive. But I wouldn't mind them making the playoffs with what they have, even if they lost quickly as long as they don't panic in trying to make the playoffs and make a stupid deal.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 03:37:37 EDT »

I agree that they shouldn't mortgage the future for a chance this year. I'm looking at them like the 90's Braves. We probably won't see a Glavine or Smoltz coming up but a little better starting pitching and a closer would make them competitive. But I wouldn't mind them making the playoffs with what they have, even if they lost quickly as long as they don't panic in trying to make the playoffs and make a stupid deal.

There have been rumors that they're trying to swing a deal for Chris Archer or Jose Quintana (again). 

I think that would be a big mistake.  They already have a couple of very promising young arms at the Major league level in Foltynewicz and Newcomb, and they have enough pitching depth in the minors to form two MLB rotations in a few years.  Kolby Allard and Mike Soroka are very close- in fact, probably the only reason they aren't in Atlanta now is because they're both 19 years old.  If they were 22 and dominating the upper minors like this, they would've already gotten the call.  Patrick Weigel was right there with them, until he had TJ surgery last week.  Still, he'll be an option next year.  As I already mentioned, AJ Minter is the closer of the future, and he could get the call any day now.  Lucas Sims was their top prospect a few years ago before falling off the radar, but he's made a huge comeback this season at Gwinnett.  We'll probably see him soon, as well.  And those are just the guys who are close.  There are 7-8 more in the low minors.

They should trade away some of that pitching depth for some bats after the season.  Other than Ozzie Albies and Ronald Acuna, most of their position guys are still a few years away.

If I were the GM, I'd take Freeman, Swanson, Inciarte, Flowers, Newcomb, and Foltynewicz off the table.  I'd then entertain trade offers for literally everyone else at the MLB level.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: