VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 07:00:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 4118 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:27:55 EDT »

Chance Hall, out for the season.

Same shizzle, different year.

fizzle you, football gods.

http://gridironnow.com/report-tennessee-chance
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:31:16 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 09:19:01 EDT »

I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't in such good shape on the OL.  It'll be fine.  
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:26:05 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 10:54:01 EDT »

grrrrrrr......

This better be the last.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 11:38:01 EDT »

My question is.......had ALL off-season and they just sent him for a 2nd opinion. Why wait so long for a 2nd opinion?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 11:42:11 EDT »

My question is.......had ALL off-season and they just sent him for a 2nd opinion. Why wait so long for a 2nd opinion?

Given the way this staff has always operated in regards to injuries, I would guess they've known for a while and are just now making the info public.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 11:58:32 EDT »

This stinks for Chance, but they can absorb the hit for now. And yeah, mu.guess is everyone has known for some time.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 12:09:36 EDT »

This stinks for Chance, but they can absorb the hit for now. And yeah, mu.guess is everyone has known for some time.

"For now" being the operative words.  This time a year ago, I remember marveling at our depth on the DL.  And at LB.  And in the secondary.  And we all know how that turned out.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 12:31:49 EDT »

Given the way this staff has always operated in regards to injuries, I would guess they've known for a while and are just now making the info public.

I think he just went for the 2nd opinion in the past week.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 01:56:18 EDT »

the issue lingered from last year's injuries.  From other source it seems that Hall and his family sought the 2nd opinion

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 03:29:51 EDT »

"For now" being the operative words.  This time a year ago, I remember marveling at our depth on the DL.  And at LB.  And in the secondary.  And we all know how that turned out.

This year is unlikely to be as bad.  we will see

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 12:58:07 EDT »

I don't think the football gods have anything to do with it. Chance may be the only one to miss significant time thus far, but he is far from the only OL who is banged up. Obviously his injury isn't a new one so it doesn't apply to past discussions we've had on this subject (S&C failures, etc.) but IF it's a sign of things to come this season, we're far past the point where bad luck can be considered the driving factor.

I'm with Phil. Regardless of whether he was sent by the team for a 2nd opinion or that was a personal decision...it's 10 months after the fact. Aren't we a Power 5 school with a nearly unlimited football budget? 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 06:33:53 EDT »

JMO.....But finding out the first week of camp that a player will have surgery and be out 8 plus months on a past injury and just got a 2nd opinion means someone dropped the ball.

Wishing him a smooth and quick recovery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: