VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 12:50:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gator offensive coaches  (Read 9467 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:37:03 EDT »

First and foremost, McIllwain is known as an offensive coach. Then the OC is Nussmaier.

Both were OCs for Saban.  Horse tooth from 2007 to 2011 and Nussmaier from 2012 to 2013.

So how is it that OCs for a national championship program...oh wait.

They were OCs.  At bammer.  Where they emphasize defense and running game, and go out of their way to prove they can win with a mediocre to bad QB.   

hmmm...I think I get it now!   

I'm joking, but only half way. This could explain some of Florida's offensive woes.   Maybe being OC at bammer is not a good offensive guru credential.   

I'll throw this in as well..Muschamp wrecked the offense and McIllwain hasn't recruited that well (until this year).  Four years of neglect by Muschamp followed by two years of shizzle recruiting by horse face leads to anemic offense.   

Honestly I am not afraid of Florida on either side of the ball.

But...which UT team shows up....I just don't know.   

The win is certainly there, we just have to take it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:00:12 EDT »

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:03:28 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 05:01:45 EDT »

I try not to downgrade Florida when playing UT...it hasn't gone well the past 20 years so I just stay silent. Last year we were down 21-0 before the UT band got back to their seats in Neyland from playing the National Anthem.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:17:30 EDT »

Coach Mac sure sounded defeated in his presser today.  Feels like UF either comes out with their hair on fire or plays like crap from the first kickoff.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:42:19 EDT »

Coach Mac sure sounded defeated in his presser today.  Feels like UF either comes out with their hair on fire or plays like crap from the first kickoff.

Maybe I'm listening to the optimists too much, but I'm starting to feel better about this game.
10EC
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 03:16:18 EDT »

Maybe I'm listening to the optimists too much, but I'm starting to feel better about this game.

Don't.  It is Florida.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 04:29:13 EDT »

Me too.  Just seems impossible to me for Gator coaches and players to be able to mentally and emotionally prepare this week.  I also would guess the inherent home field advantage at the Swamp would be somewhat diminished as well. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:40:02 EDT »

Me too.  Just seems impossible to me for Gator coaches and players to be able to mentally and emotionally prepare this week.  I also would guess the inherent home field advantage at the Swamp would be somewhat diminished as well. 

Add on to that all of the suspended players... It's hard not to be optimistic.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 05:17:32 EDT »

I'd feel better if our D had shown the ability to stop speed sweeps, or get pressure on a QB. I'm afraid that Mich's D is really good and Gators O will fare much better against us with little pressure on their QB and no penetration against the run. I hope it turns out that the Gators just suck!          
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 05:41:35 EDT »

I am also concerned about our D. This will be a better test than either of our first two opponents. Hope we pass the test.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 08:06:14 EDT »

Don't.  It is Florida.

Meh. Butch should be 3-1 against Florida.
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:42 EDT »

I'd feel better if our D had shown the ability to stop speed sweeps, or get pressure on a QB. I'm afraid that Mich's D is really good and Gators O will fare much better against us with little pressure on their QB and no penetration against the run. I hope it turns out that the Gators just suck!          

The Gators DO suck on offense. No doubt about it. It was a hapless offense last year and is even moreso this year.

OTOH, there's no doubt that Michigan's D is extremely well-coached — much moreso than ours, certainly. I'm not convinced that we CAN hold their offense in check, but if they run wild on us, I still hold to what I said earlier: Shoop should be left on the tarmac.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 08:14:50 EDT »

The Gators DO suck on offense. No doubt about it. It was a hapless offense last year and is even moreso this year.

OTOH, there's no doubt that Michigan's D is extremely well-coached — much moreso than ours, certainly. I'm not convinced that we CAN hold their offense in check, but if they run wild on us, I still hold to what I said earlier: Shoop should be left on the tarmac.

If we line up a yard off the ball on D, he should be left on the tarmac.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 05:01:57 EDT »

I'll go with "definitely 2-2, maybe 3-1".  I considered 2014 a tossup.  Thought we were favored the last two years and the games all went about the way I expected.

I am not sure what to expect this year, but guardedly optimistic.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 05:55:42 EDT »

What about Vandy?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 06:45:20 EDT »

What about Vandy?

Ouch.

Not your father's vandy though.

But we gonna kick that arse this year.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: