VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:24:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How in the world does that happen?.....  (Read 4090 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2017, 01:10:51 EDT »

All you have to is not let them get behind you.

We should have won that game by at least 20 points. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 01:11:38 EDT »

Is anyone surprised?  As soon as he got the pass off, I knew what was going to happen.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 01:14:47 EDT »

The both of you are on point, just keep him in front of you, and as soon as the ball was thrown (just like last year's UGA game), I knew it was caught

11B4PJ3F7
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 01:19:10 EDT »

Coaching. Pure and simple.

Tennessee's coaches owe their players an apology. A bunch of guys were out there busting their guts and their coaches handicapped them with the same ignorant, stubborn MAC mentality that we've seen from Butch Jones for five years.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 01:28:13 EDT »

Coaching. Pure and simple.

Tennessee's coaches owe their players an apology. A bunch of guys were out there busting their guts and their coaches handicapped them with the same ignorant, stubborn MAC mentality that we've seen from Butch Jones for five years.

Yup.  This one is is 100% on the coaches.  We lost this game long before the hail mary.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 01:40:42 EDT »

Yup.  This one is is 100% on the coaches.  We lost this game long before the hail mary.

True story.  Kelly was far and away the best player on the field.  To not even use him on two drives that started deep in their territory is inexcusable.

I'm now officially off the Butch train.  I guess he can still win me back, but it will require this team to do things that I know damn well they won't.

So assuming they don't, I'm already over the Vols this season, and am officially in Falcons mode (that probably won't end well either).  Oh, and the Preds!

At any rate, wake me when we hire a new coach.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 01:44:20 EDT »

Shouldn't have come down to that. We should have been up at least 14 at that point.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 01:46:39 EDT »

True story.  Kelly was far and away the best player on the field.  To not even use him on two drives that started deep in their territory is inexcusable.

I'm now officially off the Butch train.  I guess he can still win me back, but it will require this team to do things that I know damn well they won't.

So assuming they don't, I'm already over the Vols this season, and am officially in Falcons mode (that probably won't end well either).  Oh, and the Preds!

At any rate, wake me when we hire a new coach.

I've tried to defend him, and preach "stay the course" but when it gets down to it you can go back and look at most of our losses and you can point out coaching decisions that were turning points in those games.

Idk who we can get, and run the risk of falling off even further...ugh.  Two drives, 1st and goal...did they run a single time?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 01:49:04 EDT »

All I can say is 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 02:14:21 EDT »

Tennessee ran 7 plays within Florida's ten yard line. All seven were passes, only one complete (for no gain).

Seriously the most furious I've been with our coaching for a single game since Dooley screwed up that win at LSU.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 02:24:23 EDT »

Tennessee ran 7 plays within Florida's ten yard line. All seven were passes, only one complete (for no gain).

Seriously the most furious I've been with our coaching for a single game since Dooley screwed up that win at LSU.

There is not rational explanation.  It's twilight zone shizzle

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 02:26:28 EDT »

All of that with the best player on the field as your running back.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 02:54:49 EDT »

Butch on final play: "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 04:48:38 EDT »

Butch on final play: "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

Short on DBs, I can believe.  Not the D they called.  Galuden, bless his heart, took a bad angle.  It happens.  But whether 5 or 6 DBs, should have been in a deeper zone.   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 04:51:53 EDT »

Short on DBs, I can believe.  Not the D they called.  Galuden, bless his heart, took a bad angle.  It happens.  But whether 5 or 6 DBs, should have been in a deeper zone.   

As far as I know Shaw Wiggins was available.

Abernathy had a terrible game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: