VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 01:26:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So... I guess we'll probably stay with QD?  (Read 3840 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2017, 01:42:39 EDT »

What's people thinking about that situation?

I think JG's athleticism would be lethal with Kelly and Chandler.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 01:45:35 EDT »

Honestly don't even care at this point.  Bring on Adrian Martinez (under a new coaching staff) as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe I'll feel different after sleeping on it.  But probably not.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 01:53:32 EDT »

I think he seems slightly above average.  Decent arm and accuracy, not very athletic, has made some awful decisions.  Inexperienced QBs will though.

I believe G will get a lot of looks against ZooMass.  After that, who knows.

Likely we stick with QD at least through bammer game.  But IDK....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 01:56:24 EDT »

Until today I thought Dormady was the clear-cut starter. I just don't know now. Way too many back-foot throws, way too many passes thrown behind his receivers. I think you put Guarantano in there for meaningful series and see if he can grow into the offense. Dormady had some nice moments late. The TD pass to Wolfe was beautiful. Overall, though, he didn't play well enough to win today.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 08:07:24 EDT »

Until today I thought Dormady was the clear-cut starter. I just don't know now. Way too many back-foot throws, way too many passes thrown behind his receivers. I think you put Guarantano in there for meaningful series and see if he can grow into the offense. Dormady had some nice moments late. The TD pass to Wolfe was beautiful. Overall, though, he didn't play well enough to win today.
that's just it, he has his "moments" but the overall game is not good.
He is no threat as a runner
As I noted in game at the slightest hint of pressure his mechanics go to hell
He forces the ball too much but unlike, say Ainge he doesn't have the accuracy to pull it off.

In his defense, the WR have been inconsistent as hell

On balance I'd like to see more of #2 going forward

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 03:01:38 EDT »

Not in any way trying to trash QD. He is a Vol, and I'm sure he's doing his best to win games, but why did we recruit QD?  He's obviously not built for the offensive scheme that we employ. His skill set simply doesn't mesh with Butch's offense.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 03:05:32 EDT »

Not in any way trying to trash QD. He is a Vol, and I'm sure he's doing his best to win games, but why did we recruit QD?  He's obviously not built for the offensive scheme that we employ. His skill set simply doesn't mesh with Butch's offense.

IIRC, we had a commitment from another more highly rated QB in that class (can't remember his name, he was from Indy) but he decommitted fairly late and we had to scramble.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 03:10:48 EDT »

IIRC, we had a commitment from another more highly rated QB in that class (can't remember his name, he was from Indy) but he decommitted fairly late and we had to scramble.
correct

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 05:33:39 EDT »

We arent running the offense the same way this year. They have adapted to QD and it seems to have worked...late in the game anyway.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 08:21:14 EDT »

3 picks. The first and goal fade could easily have been a 99 yd pick 6. Decision making is quite poor. Open up the QB battle. A mobile qb does things for you in games that you can't see in practice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: