VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 03:37:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm sure this was discussed... but 1st and 1 foot for a TD and we line up in  (Read 5863 times)
10EC
« on: September 17, 2017, 02:12:57 EDT »

shotgun???   That is just inexcusable.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:16:12 EDT »

Tennessee ran 7 plays within Florida's ten yard line. All seven were passes, only one complete (for no gain).

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:16:32 EDT »

Oh yes, it's been discussed.  And it will continue to be discussed until Currie calls a press conference this December (if not sooner).

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 02:21:05 EDT »

Oh yes, it's been discussed.  And it will continue to be discussed until Currie calls a press conference this December (if not sooner).

Yup.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 02:26:14 EDT »

Here's what I think on the 1st and goal at the one.

I understand the reluctance to go under center, since we almost never do.  Snap completely different.  Likely to lead to an error.

But...we should thus go under center more often.  Absolutley no excuse to be in shotgun at 1 yard line. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 03:27:13 EDT »

shotgun???   That is just inexcusable.

That fizzleing IDIOT does it every time.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 04:17:14 EDT »

We have it 1st and goal at the 9 in our last possession....Kelly had been running over and through them. Florida was gassed and ready to waive the white flag but what does our Tuba playing non coach do.......We throw it 3 times...burning little clock and giving FL just enough time to beat our ass!!!

Right there you tell your OL.....We are about to win this damn game running behind your fat ugly asses.....Then you tell your RB....find the damn end zone! Butch our so called coach is too stupid and clueless. And that is why Butch has zero business coaching in the SEC at UT. If you are happy with 7-5 and 8-4....you got your man.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 04:26:41 EDT »

We have it 1st and goal at the 9 in our last possession....Kelly had been running over and through them. Florida was gassed and ready to waive the white flag but what does our Tuba playing non coach do.......We throw it 3 times...burning little clock and giving FL just enough time to beat our ass!!!

Right there you tell your OL.....We are about to win this damn game running behind your fat ugly asses.....Then you tell your RB....find the damn end zone! Butch our so called coach is too stupid and clueless. And that is why Butch has zero business coaching in the SEC at UT. If you are happy with 7-5 and 8-4....you got your man.

DING, DING, DING....We have a winner ladies and gentlemen!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 04:53:50 EDT »

I know.   Thought of that.  Kind of the worst thing is, gaytors never should have gotten the ball back.  You failed to mention we were first and goal at 9 or 10 yard line with about a minute...and THREE fizzleING TIMEOUTS!!!!  

Just run at least twice and milk 50 seconds off the clock then throw to end zone, if it misses kick the FG and take the OT.

Elementary!  Simple!  My dog could have figured it out!  Unfizzleingbelievable.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:20:32 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 10:05:39 EDT »

Butch is just too stubborn to adjust to situation or personnel.  He is so convinced that his philosophy is superior that he just isn't going go do anything different.  His history says so.  

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:14:05 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 12:55:06 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 01:22:20 EDT »

Butch is just too stubborn to adjust to situation or personnel.  He is so convinced that his philosophy is superior that he just isn't going go do anything different.  His history says so.  

Not sure what adjusting to personnel has to do with running the clock.   

Also not capable of reading Jones' mind to see how stubborn he is. 

I think the time management gaffe is just an oversight, and a bad one.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 02:10:16 EDT »

Not sure what adjusting to personnel has to do with running the clock.  

Also not capable of reading Jones' mind to see how stubborn he is.  

I think the time management gaffe is just an oversight, and a bad one.

Here we go again, Bandit.  You really don't get it.

You have a guy at the running back spot who has proved he can put his head down and run over people.  It's not rocket science - put the QB under center, put a fullback in front of John Kelly, two tights, and you let Kelly use his strength to get a yard.  You adjust to the personnel you have to fit the game situation.

And on reading Butch's mind, again - it's not hard if you just think about it for a minute.  We've seen the refusal to go away from a shotgun near the goal line since Butch first arrived.  The assistants have changed.  What is the common denominator?  Yep.  Butch.  Like I have said, this is his offense and he is too stubborn to adjust.  

History doesn't lie, Bandit.  Butch's history continues to repeat itself. 

Continuing to try and defend and deflect reality away from Butch is just not even reasonable at this point.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:12:17 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 02:22:36 EDT »

Here we go again, Bandit.  You really don't get it.

You have a guy at the running back spot who has proved he can put his head down and run over people.  It's not rocket science - put the QB under center, put a fullback in front of John Kelly, two tights, and you let Kelly use his strength to get a yard.  You adjust to the personnel you have to fit the game situation.

And on reading Butch's mind, again - it's not hard if you just think about it for a minute.  We've seen the refusal to go away from a shotgun near the goal line since Butch first arrived.  The assistants have changed.  What is the common denominator?  Yep.  Butch.  Like I have said, this is his offense and he is too stubborn to adjust.  

History doesn't lie, Bandit.  Butch's history continues to repeat itself. 

Continuing to try and defend and deflect reality away from Butch is just not even reasonable at this point.  

I get it about Kelly and agree that it makes it worse.  But it doesn't matter who the back is, run someone so the clock runs, get the time off the clock so that if you have to settle for the FG, OT is assured.

That was my sole point.  It's independent of who the back is.  I am also not going to assume Butch didn't run the time off the clock due to stubbornness, because that flat doesn't make sense.  i am instead attributing that to mental fog or anxiety, and certainly not excusing it.  There is no excuse for it.

You are getting my point confused with how good an idea it was to run and/or the shotgun formation.  Different topic.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 02:29:18 EDT »

Butch is terrible at time management. There are multiple examples of that fact. Is it stubbornness or is it just ineptness? I don't know and don't care. I'm just tired of watching it. It's like sequels to a movie where the sequels are so much like the original, and the original wasn't good to begin with.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 03:55:37 EDT »

Butch is terrible at time management. There are multiple examples of that fact. Is it stubbornness or is it just ineptness? I don't know and don't care. I'm just tired of watching it. It's like sequels to a movie where the sequels are so much like the original, and the original wasn't good to begin with.

Perfect example .....And you leave the movie wondering why you spent your hard earned money on that crap.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 04:04:58 EDT »

And you leave the movie wondering why you spent your hard earned money on that crap.

Exactly!!

And in what might be the ultimate irony, this man has a watch fetish?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: