VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:53:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is our leader folks  (Read 2348 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2017, 10:17:44 EDT »

Butch is 4-17 after yesterday against top 25 teams that were top 25 at time the game was played.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:20:14 EDT »

And 2-5 in his last 7 SEC games. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:27:52 EDT »

Well one of two things will happen.

Plan A....  We will recover nicely, and win at least 7 of our next 9 games.  I think we have the talent for this.  Heck we could win 8, but the ball bounces funny, etc.

Plan B.... Or the wheels could come off, we lose 5 of 9, Butch is fired, and we face a messy rebuild next year.

I am going with plan A until it's no longer possible. 

Some will be overjoyed at Plan B because they hate Butch that much and think a 6-6 season is worth it to get rid of him. I will never take that defeatist attitude.  Hell...the next guy might be worse anyway.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:29:50 EDT »

And in before anyone can say it...yes, Plan A assumes that Butch makes better game day decisions down the stretch.  I actually think this is possible.   

Whatever the case, I'd hate to see the team give up.  Whatever anyone thinks of Butch, his teams have always played hard, with the sorry exception of Vandy last year, and maybe a few of the late season games his first year. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:31:45 EDT »

Some will be overjoyed at Plan B because they hate Butch that much and think a 6-6 season is worth it to get rid of him. I will never take that defeatist attitude.  Hell...the next guy might be worse anyway.

[/quote]

We have already had Dooley here.  Couldn't get any worse!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 01:35:44 EDT »

We have already had Dooley here.  Couldn't get any worse!

Actually it could.  For instance, Tennessee is one of only two programs that has never lost 8 games.  Even Dools didn't.   

I think he would have, if cheney had not replaced him for UK game.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 03:28:55 EDT »

Well one of two things will happen.

Plan A....  We will recover nicely, and win at least 7 of our next 9 games.  I think we have the talent for this.  Heck we could win 8, but the ball bounces funny, etc.

Plan B.... Or the wheels could come off, we lose 5 of 9, Butch is fired, and we face a messy rebuild next year.

I am going with plan A until it's no longer possible. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: