VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 07:02:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My 2 cents: the way the SEC looks this year it is impossible to tell which of  (Read 1553 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:14:56 EDT »

the Vols remaining conference opponents are games the Vols should win. We are only 3 games in so I am not going to throw this season away yet. I imagine the Vols might win a few we don't expect them to. Which ones, I don't know? I do expect all the SEC games to be a struggle for the Vols.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:10:02 EDT »

the Vols remaining conference opponents are games the Vols should win. We are only 3 games in so I am not going to throw this season away yet. I imagine the Vols might win a few we don't expect them to. Which ones, I don't know? I do expect all the SEC games to be a struggle for the Vols.

we should beat mizzou easily, and I think we can beat junior as well

Kentucky another "should beat", but tougher than junior

LSU beatable, unless recent game a fluke, but tougher than UK

Uga beatable, we beat them routinely and it's in Neyland but very tough game

Vandy scares me, but we can beat them

bammer almost impossible, but on any given day

In summary, I think we rather easily win first three above but the next three are tough.  Bammer in class by self.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:48:32 EDT »

With the exception of Alabama, every SEC game remaining on the schedule is winnable.

Every SEC game remaining on the schedule is also losable.

I remind myself that we were a late Alabama TD and a subsequent Josh Dobbs fumble away from winning in Tuscaloosa two years ago. But then I remind myself that the 2015 team looked better than this 2017 Tennessee team...I doubt we're fortunate enough to have a late fourth quarter lead at Bryant-Denny this year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: