VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 03:13:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peyton supports Jones  (Read 8746 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:29:45 EDT »

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-legend-peyton-manning-behind-vols-coach-butch-jones

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:19:55 EDT »

Working on his diplomatic chops ahead of possible future activities

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:54:29 EDT »

I certainly wouldn't expect Manning to say any different. He is no Albert Haynseworth. 

But Mike Griffith's writing style in a show of unabashed support for Butch is cringeworthy.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 02:46:28 EDT »

I'm sure Peyton will fully support the next coach, too.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 03:57:28 EDT »

I'm sure Peyton will fully support the next coach, too.

This. 

Peyton is a UT guy.  He's not going to publicly put down anybody associated with UT. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 04:25:21 EDT »

Exactly what I expected a lot of you to say.

Don't miss this part though "I am ALL IN for Butch Jones".

That's a very strong statement.  Are you saying Peyton is a liar?  Shame on you! 

Here is my take.  If Jones does not go this year, then he might muddle through and we might win an SECC next year, 2019, 2020, whatever.  There are other coaches it took a while to get going.  One of them is Saban!  His breakthrough year was year 5, in fact, when he was at Michigan State.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 04:30:22 EDT »

When Fulmer was on the hot seat in 2007, a bunch of former players, among them Peyton, took out a full page ad in the KNS supporting him.  That week we beat favored Uga 35-14. 

Just sayin'.   

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 04:45:55 EDT »

Don't miss this part though "I am ALL IN for Butch Jones".

That's a very strong statement.  Are you saying Peyton is a liar?  Shame on you! 

Here is my take.  If Jones does not go this year, then he might muddle through and we might win an SECC next year, 2019, 2020, whatever.  There are other coaches it took a while to get going.  One of them is Saban!  His breakthrough year was year 5, in fact, when he was at Michigan State.

Geez Louise, Bandit. 

You "expect" us to say that because that's how Peyton operates.   He's going to be "all in" on whoever the coach at UT is. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 04:50:46 EDT »

Geez Louise, Bandit. 

You "expect" us to say that because that's how Peyton operates.   He's going to be "all in" on whoever the coach at UT is. 

Short of molesting someone's lap dog, there isn't anything a sitting football coach at the University of Tennessee could do that would cause Peyton to respond otherwise. He is a class act, and isn't going to come out and publicly rip the coach.

Nor should he, frankly. Even if it's apparent that the wheels are wobbly (and it's pretty apparent here), the last thing you need is a bunch of high-profile alumni publicly ripping the coach and making his job more difficult.

Regardless of how Mike Griffith tries to spin it, there's nothing at all surprising about Peyton's statement.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 04:53:13 EDT »

Likewise.  

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:00:34 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 12:46:23 EDT »

It's not that bad yet, Vinnie   

CW and HTK on the other hand, drooled nicely on response to the bell.   

https://www.simplypsychology.org/pavlov.html

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 04:11:15 EDT »

It's not that bad yet, Vinnie  

CW and HTK on the other hand, drooled nicely on response to the bell.  

https://www.simplypsychology.org/pavlov.html

And you performed your normal Monica Lewinski on CBJ quite nicely, Bandit.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:16:54 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 05:04:10 EDT »

And you performed our normal Monica Lewinski on CBJ quite nicely, Bandit. 

Nope.  Didn't say anything good about Jones personally, just quoting Peyton.  Who, as is pointed out above, is the consummate gentlemen.  Whether that masks his true feelings for Jones is a legitimate point of debate.

As I said...he is a gentlemen.  You yourself could learn a thing or two from him, apparently judging by your foray into the gutter above.   

You never cease to amuse me HTK.  Bitter and jealous of how much the coaches make?  Sure seems that way.

in before you can say it...ah, nevermind. I actually have class.   

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 06:22:06 EDT »

Nope.  Didn't say anything good about Jones personally, just quoting Peyton.  Who, as is pointed out above, is the consummate gentlemen.  Whether that masks his true feelings for Jones is a legitimate point of debate.

As I said...he is a gentlemen.  You yourself could learn a thing or two from him, apparently judging by your foray into the gutter above.   

You never cease to amuse me HTK.  Bitter and jealous of how much the coaches make?  Sure seems that way.

in before you can say it...ah, nevermind. I actually have class.   

Nope.  Not jealous of the money Butch makes.  I am a what the market will allow capitalist. 

That said, in every  profession there are those who are overpaid, and those who are underpaid.  The results in games that count - and no, The Indiana States, UMASSes, Appy States don't count - Butch is one of those who looks to be grossly overpaid at this point.

The same mistakes are being made by this coaching staff as have been by the previous coaching staffs under Butch.  What is the common denominator?  Yep, excuse making cliche spewing Butch. 

And the "class" you claim you have is actually just a case of the dumbazz.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 08:32:30 EDT »

And the "class" you claim you have is actually just a case of the dumbazz.   

I don't even know what this means.  I am going to assume you acknowledging your lack of class.  I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology though.   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 09:31:05 EDT »

I don't even know what this means.  I am going to assume you acknowledging your lack of class.  I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology though.   

HIS lack of class??
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 10:01:45 EDT »

HIS lack of class??

Yes. 

Specifically the part where he suggested I gave Butch Jones a BJ.

Or do you find his comment classy?   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 10:14:08 EDT »

Yes. 

Specifically the part where he suggested I gave Butch Jones a BJ.

Or do you find his comment classy?   

No, that wasn't classy... But you sort of openly admitted to just trolling everyone.  I guess I just don't get why.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 12:12:51 EDT »

No, that wasn't classy... But you sort of openly admitted to just trolling everyone.  I guess I just don't get why.   

Because I wasn't trolling.  It was a serious post. 

But it was very easy to predict the response.   And if I want to have some fun with how predictable the responses are, I don't feel that being accused of fellating Jones is a very classy response.   

Hope this helps.   

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 04:04:21 EDT »

Because I wasn't trolling.  It was a serious post. 

But it was very easy to predict the response.   And if I want to have some fun with how predictable the responses are, I don't feel that being accused of fellating Jones is a very classy response.   

Hope this helps.   

Really, Bandit.  Are you a snowflake?  Mean ole Herb said something bad about you. 

I guess it's time for you to find a safe place. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 04:12:46 EDT »

Meanwhile, Peyton left at halftime of today's game. I guess he had seen enough, too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 02:53:32 EDT »

Really, Bandit.  Are you a snowflake?  Mean ole Herb said something bad about you. 

I guess it's time for you to find a safe place. 

Way to keep it classy HTK!   

Like I said, I'm taking the high road.

Have a nice day, if that's possible for a person as bitter as you apparently are.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 03:28:42 EDT »

Meanwhile, Peyton left at halftime of today's game. I guess he had seen enough, too.

Note that I never said I agreed with Peyton.  I almost added the "posted without comment" tag, but got lazy.

My guess is Peyton would rephrase that now if he could.  Still, it's amazing how you and HTK can read his mind.  Note that I merely quoted what he said. I don't claim to be a mind reader.   

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 04:07:55 EDT »

Way to keep it classy HTK!   

Like I said, I'm taking the high road.

Have a nice day, if that's possible for a person as bitter as you apparently are.   

Ah, now you throw the "bitter" word at me? 

Nope, not bitter at all.  Never have been, never will be.  Life is too short. 

But I will call it like I see it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 05:36:41 EDT »

Ah, now you throw the "bitter" word at me? 

Nope, not bitter at all.  Never have been, never will be.  Life is too short. 

But I will call it like I see it. 

You accused me of sucking Butch Jone's d--- in a post where I was completely neutral on the subject. 

How you "see it" make me seriously question your judgment and ability to comprehend simple facts.

That and you dwell in a low class gutter that I won't touch anymore.  It's beneath me.

You know they say about wrestling with pigs....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: