VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 02:16:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hopefully the Vols are tired of hearing everyone talking about how bad  (Read 5135 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:39:51 EDT »

they have played up to now. Seems like they would come out fired up and play lights out Saturday. It is a coaches responsibility to get them fired up. If he can motivate them, they could come out and put a hurting on the pups. What would your gameplan for the game be? As with facing any freshman QB, I would load the box to stop the run and make him beat you. If Chubb and Michel run well, it will be a long day. This team has got to start playing well sooner or later. Might as well be this Saturday.

volsboyinsodak
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:18:34 EDT »

he keep our guys focused.

I expect a close game...Butch knows this might be one of the big games he will be based on whether or not he keeps his job.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:49:39 EDT »

they have played up to now. Seems like they would come out fired up and play lights out Saturday. It is a coaches responsibility to get them fired up. If he can motivate them, they could come out and put a hurting on the pups. What would your gameplan for the game be? As with facing any freshman QB, I would load the box to stop the run and make him beat you. If Chubb and Michel run well, it will be a long day. This team has got to start playing well sooner or later. Might as well be this Saturday.

that's as close to a positive post I've seen from you.  And more shockingly, I agree 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 02:53:20 EDT »

Please no one take this as me defending Butch. But, from the players' perspective, wouldn't you be sick and tired of hearing how bad your coach is? That would get me as fired up as anything as a player.

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 05:24:06 EDT »

Please no one take this as me defending Butch. But, from the players' perspective, wouldn't you be sick and tired of hearing how bad your coach is? That would get me as fired up as anything as a player.

Today we find out whether Butch has his team. At times last week I was pretty sure he has lost the team. If his team has his back, they're gonna come out and play like their hair is on fire today. That might not be enough, but it'll be evident. If they don't have his back, they're going to come out, lay down, UGA wins by 5+ TDs, and we witness the beginning of the end of the Butch Jones era at Tennessee.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 05:35:47 EDT »

Today we find out whether Butch has his team. At times last week I was pretty sure he has lost the team. If his team has his back, they're gonna come out and play like their hair is on fire today. That might not be enough, but it'll be evident. If they don't have his back, they're going to come out, lay down, UGA wins by 5+ TDs, and we witness the beginning of the end of the Butch Jones era at Tennessee.
I agree, today is make-or-break for Jones. It just that simple

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 05:42:44 EDT »

I agree, today is make-or-break for Jones. It just that simple

It certainly let's us know what we are in store for the rest of the season.  A close loss just continues the drama.  A bad loss and the odds tilt against him.

A win, his odds are much better, but there's still a lot of football to play.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 05:48:32 EDT »

Nice to have your program laughed at on the biggest college football show in the land.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/watch-full-segment-college-gameday-ripping-butch-joness-press-conference/
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 07:25:23 EDT »

Couldn't agree more

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 08:10:34 EDT »

Nice to have your program laughed at on the biggest college football show in the land.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/watch-full-segment-college-gameday-ripping-butch-joness-press-conference/

College Game Day has never had a complimentary word for UT, so its no surprise

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 08:16:02 EDT »

College Game Day has never had a complimentary word for UT, so its no surprise

Yeah, nobody I know has cared what they say for a long time.  Not starting now.  *shoulder shrug*

But.... Truth hurts.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:17:58 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 09:00:25 EDT »

Well, if that doesn't light a fire under his arse, nothing will.  Hope we come out angry.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 12:28:44 EDT »

Well, if that doesn't light a fire under his arse, nothing will.  Hope we come out angry.   

Wrong!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:51 EDT »

Wrong!

just slightly 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: