VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 09:31:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For everyone stressing about Butch's 9.2M buyout  (Read 2874 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2017, 02:59:54 EDT »

As you can see from this chart, we are the most profitable program in the SEC by a huge margin- 11M, in fact.  Factor in a 9M buyout, and we're still #1.  Even if you factor that in PLUS another buyout for a prospective hire currently employed elsewhere, we're still probably going to be in the top half of the league.  In short, the buyout number is no excuse.  Spend money to make money.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 03:08:18 EDT »

Source: staff research

I have to ask, what staff?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 03:18:12 EDT »

Source: staff research

I have to ask, what staff?

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2017/07/15/tennessee-was-most-profitable-sec-football-program-last-year/

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 04:10:13 EDT »

The buyout for Butch isn't going to be a problem.  The issue will come with having to be creative to help the new hire fund his buyout at his current school, unless the go to one of the guys not currently coaching. 

And by the way, from what I can gather Stoops still has to buy out his contract from Oklahoma if he takes another job. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:15:33 EDT »

The buyout for Butch isn't going to be a problem.  The issue will come with having to be creative to help the new hire fund his buyout at his current school, unless the go to one of the guys not currently coaching. 

And by the way, from what I can gather Stoops still has to buy out his contract from Oklahoma if he takes another job. 

Is it appropriate to start a gofundme?  I'm down, just saying

11B4PJ3F7
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 04:19:01 EDT »

Can someone in the Knoxville area put Butch on Letgo.com for 9.2M? I put my old boss on letgo for cheap.and had   :dance:great results

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:55 EDT »

As I said, we have enough to buy out Butch, his entire staff, and a prospective hire from another school (although those are usually negotiated down anyway), and still be among the richest programs in the SEC.  And that's just taking the money directly out of our budget and assuming that boosters don't get involved and pony up some cash to help offset the financial blow, which they probably would.

The money should absolutely not be an issue.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 05:31:42 EDT »

Question......When has UT ever been proactive?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 05:31:50 EDT »

That would be really, really strange.  Typically buyouts only happen when a coach is fired.  He walked voluntarily (which looks like a good decision to me).

But whatever. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 07:45:10 EDT »

Just shows you how longsuffering and supportive this fan base really is.  We deserve so much better, and the players especially do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: