VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 02:23:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look into a mirror Butch!  (Read 2969 times)
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2017, 05:45:54 EDT »

The only person to blame for your failure to succeed as a coach will be staring back.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:27:35 EDT »

The only person to blame for your failure to succeed as a coach will be staring back.

Indeed. As bad as Dobbs was throwing the ball at times, I think his legs bailed out Jones more than once.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:28:10 EDT »

You have to understand how Butch thinks.......If he looked in the mirror he'd think to himself.....I'm the best football coach in the land.

When I watched the video of his first day when he was addressing his new UT team and he told them.....When I told my Cincinnati team this morning I was leaving to become the coach at the University of Tennessee...they stood up and gave ME a standing ovation. I knew right then and there we had hired one big ego.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 08:34:22 EDT »

You have to understand how Butch thinks.......If he looked in the mirror he'd think to himself.....I'm the best football coach in the land.

When I watched the video of his first day when he was addressing his new UT team and he told them.....When I told my Cincinnati team this morning I was leaving to become the coach at the University of Tennessee...they stood up and gave ME a standing ovation. I knew right then and there we had hired one big ego.

Also, did you see before this year's Florida game they were showing part if his pregame speech to the team.  He started this call and response with them where he'd say "You got my back?!" and they'd respond "I got your back!"  And this went on several times, but he never said it back to them.  It was all about him.  That struck me as pretty telling also.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 09:10:39 EDT »

Also, did you see before this year's Florida game they were showing part if his pregame speech to the team.  He started this call and response with them where he'd say "You got my back?!" and they'd respond "I got your back!"  And this went on several times, but he never said it back to them.  It was all about him.  That struck me as pretty telling also.

Hm, well on that particular item, didn't everyone repeat both the question and the answer?  So it was two way.  At least, that's how I saw it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:14:16 EDT »

That's actually a pregame routine under Butch. And I agree, it's telling. Traits of a narcissist...which also helps explain his sideline demeanor.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 09:16:53 EDT »

Hm, well on that particular item, didn't everyone repeat both the question and the answer?  So it was two way.  At least, that's how I saw it.

Not how I saw it.  He stated the question and they responded.  Why would everyone chant the question and the response?  That wouldn't make any sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: