VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 02:25:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have yall heard anything about your OL Smith getting kicked in the face or  (Read 3848 times)
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2017, 07:44:08 EDT »

something like that?

Apparently it happened sometime today.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 07:58:07 EDT »

Less than 2 hours ago Trey was here for the long weekend just like many of the team have gone home. He looked like the same ole Trey. Didn't see any bandaids....bandages etc.... The wife and me didn't ask him any questions about the fighting rumors.....If he was kicked in the face it didn't show.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:53:27 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:42:02 EDT »

Jimmy Hyams just tweeted:

Source: UT DE Darrell Taylor kicked OL Trey Smith's face at
practice during 1 minute drill Thursday, leading to Smith needing stitches.

Smith blocked Taylor to the ground and Smith lost his helmet. They wrestled. Taylor then kicked at Smith and hit him in the face.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 10:12:29 EDT »

Fights are a part of football. They happen. But first Shy Tuttle's eye was injured to the point that it required a trip to the hospital after he fell on Nigel Warrior's helmet  . Now Smith requires stitches after getting kicked in the face by Taylor.

That's two injuries requiring medical attention in a two-week period. That's not necessarily "a part of football." It underscores what's going on with this team, imo.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 12:43:58 EDT »

So an eye witness that personally know Smith says no injuries, but apparently The Internet knows better.

Say what you want anout Butch, Im glad he went off on the media. It was being reported that Tuttle might not play again, but there he was on the field against Georgia.

Fake news indeed!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 01:47:21 EDT »

Well...he did have a bruise which I thought was unusual for a football player   but I didn't ask questions....Reports of his demise was greatly exaggerated. And whether there was a fight I don't have a clue because again....I didn't ask and no information was offered. I coached for many years and tempers flare all the time and it really does when things aren't going well.  I even saw a post on another site this morning that TS would be out several games because of it. I'd say he could play today if there was a game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:55:56 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 01:48:53 EDT »

Fell,  but expertly missed the helmet.   Has been asked to tutor Tuttle.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 03:07:53 EDT »

So an eye witness that personally know Smith says no injuries, but apparently The Internet knows better.

Say what you want anout Butch, Im glad he went off on the media. It was being reported that Tuttle might not play again, but there he was on the field against Georgia.

Fake news indeed!

1) No one reported that Tuttle might not play again. I said on this board that if what I had heard was true, he might be out for the rest of the season but I hoped it wasn’t true.
2) Jimmy Hyams is the one reporting the details of the fight in practice yesterday.
3) Butch Jones went off on the UT beat writers. I am not a UT beat writer by any stretch of the imagination.
4) But that’s okay. Continue to show what a miserable douchebag you are every time you open your mouth. You’re showing that “class” of yours, I guess.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 05:51:55 EDT »

If Butch would actually talk to the media and report on player then he would not have to address "fake news". When you are always defensive and act like a paranoid, then people will report what they hear. Tell the truth and then the lies are less believable.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 03:18:35 EDT »

1) No one reported that Tuttle might not play again. I said on this board that if what I had heard was true, he might be out for the rest of the season but I hoped it wasn’t true.
2) Jimmy Hyams is the one reporting the details of the fight in practice yesterday.
3) Butch Jones went off on the UT beat writers. I am not a UT beat writer by any stretch of the imagination.
4) But that’s okay. Continue to show what a miserable douchebag you are every time you open your mouth. You’re showing that “class” of yours, I guess.

1) This wasn't necessarily directed at you. It was posted on this board that he might be "out of football", period.
2) Exactly.  Also not you.  My main comment was directed at all the unfounded Tuttle rumors though.
3) If you're not a beat writer, then why worry that he's taking a shot at them? 
4) I didn't call you any names, so yes, it was very classy. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 03:29:30 EDT »

Volquest is also reporting that Smith required stitches. And Taylor has been suspended indefinitely, a move that is unprecedented for a standard practice field scuffle.

I guess those dumbasses in the media aren’t just making crap up after all.

http://rvls.co/2wHdJAR
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 03:36:49 EDT »

Volquest is also reporting that Smith required stitches. And Taylor has been suspended indefinitely, a move that is unprecedented for a standard practice field scuffle.

I guess those dumbasses in the media aren’t just making crap up after all.

http://rvls.co/2wHdJAR

HOF!   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: