VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 06:43:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butch's Monday presser catch phrase:  (Read 6181 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:50:19 EDT »

Leadership rep.

https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/917425568223846401

Butch: “You don’t have to get a physical rep to get a rep. You can get a leadership rep.”

What in the cowboy hell is a "leadership rep"? 

Must be a MAC thing.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:03:19 EDT »

Leadership rep.

https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/917425568223846401

Butch: “You don’t have to get a physical rep to get a rep. You can get a leadership rep.”

What in the cowboy hell is a "leadership rep"?  

Must be a MAC thing.  

Post modified to avoid offending delicate sensibilities. 

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:26:45 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 07:25:11 EDT »

Ma'am, your son isn't very talented and we're not going to play him in any games or even use him in practice, but he's getting some very valuable leadership reps over on the sideline. If this continues and he can avoid falling on any helmets, he could develop a 5 star heart and eventually become a champion of life.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:29:23 EDT »

Ma'am, your son isn't very talented and we're not going to play him in any games or even use him in practice, but he's getting some very valuable leadership reps over on the sideline. If this continues and he can avoid falling on any helmets, he could develop a 5 star heart and eventually become a champion of life.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 07:40:35 EDT »

I haven't cared what Butch has had to say for a long, long time.  Now that this is his final year, I certainly couldn't care less.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 07:41:34 EDT »

Yeah you think he's an idjut and our program is screwed.  Glad that makes you happy.

I just wonder...would he have made the following statements?

"Tahj Boyd will never make it as a D1 quarterback and we are better off without him".

"Jonathan Crompton will never be an SEC QB".

No mattter how goofy he is or how bad his game day skills, he knows more about football than you ever forgot.

What is it about playing college baseball, selling ads for a sports radio station, or announcing high school football teams is it that makes you more qualified to judge football than he is?

If it's a contest, you lose, and by a country mile.

Just look at those statements you have made in the past. Your credibility as some sort of "know-it-all expert" on football is thoroughly shot with me, not that it was ever that great to begin with.

He may not be the greatest coach, but he brought us back to at least some respectability, and I will always appreciate that about him.

But let's get real...his football knowledge is much, much greater than yours.  There's a saying "less than" that applies in this case. 

Have a nice day!     (try not to choke on your own bile while reading this   ).

FFS Bandit, can you & Herb bury the fizzleing hatchet already.  There's really no reason for that post, but hey, JMO.  Yeah, so what, Crompton had ONE good year.  Most on this board probably won't admit it, but it's most likely due to Kiffin coaching him up.  And please, IF BuJo knew so much about football, why in the Holy fizzleing Hell does he NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ON THE fizzleING GOAL LINE WHEN HE HAS THE fizzleING BALL????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:49:54 EDT »

I'm normally not much for Twitter, but I recommend that everyone check the Rucker tweet that HTV linked above.  More importantly, check the the replies - a ton of those replies are insanely funny.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:40:10 EDT »

FFS Bandit, can you & Herb bury the fizzleing hatchet already.

THIS. Elephant in the room, but it is getting really old and I'm glad someone said something.  Agree this post above was completely unnecessary.  I've written posts and deleted them without posting because I've figured "what's the point" but I remember a time when name calling and personal attacks were discouraged (prohibited even) on this board.  Idk where that has gone but believe it or not it's possible respectfully disagree with someone and have a discourse without attacking someone's livelihood or calling someone a "miserable douche" (yes, Bandit, I saw that post from Creek directed at you as well).

Can't we all just get along?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:43:21 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 09:23:53 EDT »

THIS. Elephant in the room, but it is getting really old and I'm glad someone said something.  Agree this post above was completely unnecessary.  I've written posts and deleted them without posting because I've figured "what's the point" but I remember a time when name calling and personal attacks were discouraged (prohibited even) on this board.  Idk where that has gone but believe it or not it's possible respectfully disagree with someone and have a discourse without attacking someone's livelihood or calling someone a "miserable douche" (yes, Bandit, I saw that post from Creek directed at you as well).

Can't we all just get along?

There was no name calling or personal attacks in my post.  I am simply directing a post at the person in question that is in the same spirit they have addressed Butch, Dooley, Kiffin, and Fulmer. 

Fair is fair.  If someone wants to be hypercritical of our coaches, how do they like having that same invective directed at them?   

But I do understand where you and CDV are coming from.   I will modify the above post.  It was in fact a bit over the top.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:43:35 EDT »

Geez.  I am almost sorry I didn't get to see what he said before he edited it.  

Look - anybody who can continue to defend this coach, and doesn't see that he will never be more than a lifelong MAC level coach is just clueless and stupid.  Period.  

EDIT:

And he attacked my livelihood?  Really?  That's the kind of things people do when they can't defend their side of a discussion with reasonable and rational thoughts.  

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:50:15 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 09:52:46 EDT »

Geez.  I am almost sorry I didn't get to see what he said before he edited it. 

Look - anybody who can continue to defend this coach, and doesn't see that he will never be more than a lifelong MAC level coach is just clueless and stupid.  Period. 

Wasn't defending him. But once again, reading comprehension is not your friend.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 10:01:34 EDT »

Wasn't defending him. But once again, reading comprehension is not your friend.

Hard to read something that isn't there any longer. 

Just saying ........

Really, Bandit.  Stop it already.  You are embarrassing yourself. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 12:33:01 EDT »

Hard to read something that isn't there any longer. 

Just saying ........

Really, Bandit.  Stop it already.  You are embarrassing yourself. 

It is there. 

Let's see if you can figure it out.  You haven't yet, but that doesn't surprise me. 

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 12:43:06 EDT »

I'm taking a leadership rep and calling a halt to the acrimony on this board.

People can disagree without calling someone a name or calling into question someone's intelligence, eyesight or character.

Anything on this board that isn't a proven fact is either rumor or opinion. As they say, opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one. Just because you think someone's opinion is dumb or stupid doesn't mean you have to say so.

Act like adults. No, make that "act like civilized adults".

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 01:03:21 EDT »

It is there.  

Let's see if you can figure it out.  You haven't yet, but that doesn't surprise me.  

Unlike you I don't read every post on this board.  

But the bottom line is that you can kiss my over sized rosy red ass.  It's pretty obvious that you have an issue with people who actually have a clue.  

So for now, post away anything you want and have our fun. I'm through reading your boring stuff.  

And by the way, I don't think I ever said that Boyd couldn't play in the SEC.  What I said was that as it turned out he wouldn't have been the savior of Fulmer football that the Fulmer defenders claimed he would on the back end.  He hurt his knee as a senior in high school and had to have knee surgery that summer and redshirt.  He didn't play at Clemson until he had been out of high school 2 full years.

But, of course, the truth doesn't help your argument. 

Maybe we'll get to meet one day.  
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:17:20 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 01:18:25 EDT »

People can disagree without calling someone a name or calling into question someone's intelligence, eyesight or character.

Anything on this board that isn't a proven fact is either rumor or opinion. As they say, opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one. Just because you think someone's opinion is dumb or stupid doesn't mean you have to say so.

That's fine, Droner.  No worries from my side any longer. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 01:24:51 EDT »

Agree.  And I won't be reading HTK's posts any longer either.  Not worth the bother.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 03:00:29 EDT »

Thank you, sir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: