VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:22:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor is QD leaving the program*  (Read 9605 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:45:43 EDT »

Nm
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:48:29 EDT »

I'm too old...... and slow.   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:50:53 EDT »

I'm too old...... and slow.   

It's all good.      Geez, what a mess this program has become.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:54:44 EDT »

Started every game this season and he might leave? Instead of improving? If true, Bye.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:07:48 EDT »

Brent Hubbs seemed to come very close to verifying that there is substance to the rumor, without ever actually confirming.  And he's always very guarded about those things.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 07:11:36 EDT »

Hey, no problem. We've got plenty of quarterbacks.

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=856

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6547

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=871

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=862

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5223

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 07:44:14 EDT »

maybe we can borrow one from UGa.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:48 EDT »

Another day, another rumor.  Another rumor unlikely to be true.  But if true, at least Gitmo is a better fit for Butch's offense.

Of course, Butch has a good chance of not being around next season, but from what I saw, particularly against Uga (4-5 badly under thrown passes) I don't want Dormady in a pro style offense either.

Someone compared him to Justin Worley.  I am thinking that is being very generous to Dormady.

Still, it's early and he can still turn it around, but he is now 5 games in, so it better happen soon.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 09:07:13 EDT »

Another day, another rumor.  Another rumor unlikely to be true.  

If Brent Hubbs is saying there's something there... I'd say it's a good chance there's something there.

I know rumors are rumors, but you know there's been several things have turned out to be true.  And normally you listen to see who else gives it any credence and that allows you to gauge its chances of having any legs.  Some of it's nonsense, but not all.  Hubbs is someone everyone listens to, you know this right?

You think this has something to do with it this "rumor"?

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/breaking-guarantano-named-starting-qb-prompting-dormady-to-leave-team

Personally, I'm really glad JG is starting.  I've seen all I need to see from QD and we need to move on and get JG ready for the future.  Doesn't really change how I feel about the rest of the season, because I believe this offensive system is extremely flawed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:28:11 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 09:31:59 EDT »

If Butch promises to give him more leadership reps, do you think he'll change his mind?

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 10:02:32 EDT »

If Butch promises to give him more leadership reps, do you think he'll change his mind?

He should have gotten some Leadership Reps standing on the sidelines for 2 years behind Dobbs.....He seems to be lacking in leadership and development.

If in fact he does leave and he's upset that Gitmo is starting and doesn't want to work hard to try to win his job back then he doesn't need to be the QB at Tennessee. This team is lacking in alphas...too many crybabies. It's why tough teams pound us.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 10:03:49 EDT »

If Butch has to keep recruiting 25-30 players a year to replenish all the players transferring each year, it is time to blame Butch and not the players.

So when JG fails this Saturday to lead UT to a win because Butch's system and play calling is so abysmal will you blame Butch or JG. I came to the conclusion 2 years ago Butch can not identify who the best players per position are and he does not trust any player to succeed. Trust is a two way street and no player will perform well if you know the coach does not trust you.

Maybe Dormady will decide to stick around after Butch gets fired early November.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:32 EDT »

He should have gotten some Leadership Reps standing on the sidelines for 2 years behind Dobbs.....He seems to be lacking in leadership and development.

If in fact he does leave and he's upset that Gitmo is starting and doesn't want to work hard to try to win his job back then he doesn't need to be the QB at Tennessee. This team is lacking in alphas...too many crybabies. It's why tough teams pound us.
Shack!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 10:56:20 EDT »

It's being reported QD was at practice today, so there's that at least.
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 11:13:06 EDT »

The worse the play-calling, the more valuable a mobile quarterback.  Once he leaves the pocket, it doesn't matter what was called.  Probably why the Dobbs offense was so successful.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 11:36:17 EDT »

The worse the play-calling, the more valuable a mobile quarterback.  Once he leaves the pocket, it doesn't matter what was called.  Probably why the Dobbs offense was so successful.

Exactly....Dobbs got us out of a lot of bad play calls and bad OL blocking.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 11:38:53 EDT »

He WAS at practice today, working mostly with the 2's

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 12:07:29 EDT »

He WAS at practice today, working mostly with the 2's

Probably just a gut, frustrated reaction.  IMO, with the turnovers he's produced he should be working with the 2's.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 12:23:03 EDT »

If Brent Hubbs is saying there's something there... I'd say it's a good chance there's something there.

I know rumors are rumors, but you know there's been several things have turned out to be true.  And normally you listen to see who else gives it any credence and that allows you to gauge its chances of having any legs.  Some of it's nonsense, but not all.  Hubbs is someone everyone listens to, you know this right?

You think this has something to do with it this "rumor"?

https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/breaking-guarantano-named-starting-qb-prompting-dormady-to-leave-team

Personally, I'm really glad JG is starting.  I've seen all I need to see from QD and we need to move on and get JG ready for the future.  Doesn't really change how I feel about the rest of the season, because I believe this offensive system is extremely flawed.

I am also glad JG is starting. He's a better fit for this offense.  I don't know how flawed it is...it was perhaps perfect for Dobbs, so it looked really good to me last year, based solely on production. (last year Tennessee set a record for points in a season, although 1997 is still no. 1 for points per game).  JG doesn't seem to be as good a fit, but it's too small a sample to tell for sure.  Maybe being the starter will give him the extra boost of confidence he needs.

I agree..I am over QD. He seems inadequate at best.

As to the rumors, I was terse before but what I mean is that how it looks to me is that since JG wass announced as the starter, then of course there will instantly be speculation that QD is transferring, and someone like Hubbs will pick up on that, and likely had multiple sources, because "that's what everyone will say".  That's all I meant.

And I agree with TnPhil and others...if QD is already going to transfer, then he's a gigantic wuss and we are better off without him.   

I don't think he will in the next couple of weeks...but he might if JG does well and remains the starter to the end of the season.  In which case, I don't blame him, and wish him luck at Tennessee Tech/UT-M/Kennesaw State/Whatever.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 12:25:07 EDT »

I meant to add that just because the offense looked good last year, doesn't mean I am 100% happy with it.  Again, Dobbs was a good fit.  Just like Tebow was a good fit, and then Cam Newton at Auburn, etc.  My very amateur observation is that the spread/read option type of offense needs just the right person to run it, and those are not in big supply.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 01:11:23 EDT »

If JG is starting Saturday,  I sincerely hope it's the start of long, successful history like Peyton had. Every legend has to start somewhere.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 03:21:22 EDT »

If JG is starting Saturday,  I sincerely hope it's the start of long, successful history like Peyton had. Every legend has to start somewhere.

That would be wonderful. At this point doesn't seem likely, but you never know.  Even a close win would be a great boost, and then who knows what the rest of the season will bring.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 03:35:09 EDT »

Just by what I've seen from Gitmo.....I won't be shocked if we see Dormady this weekend too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 04:50:57 EDT »

Just by what I've seen from Gitmo.....I won't be shocked if we see Dormady this weekend too.

I get it.  He has looked pretty awful so far.  Maybe starting eases the pressure.

It's funny though.  It's easy to forget what a physical specimen Dobbs was.  6-3 215, and wow can he run.  Was very hard to bring down in the open field.  Dormady running...never mind.  Gitmo is slightly taller but gives up 20+ pounds.  Skinny as a rail. 

From what I have seen, that makes a difference.  Still, him starting actually gives me something to look forward to saturday. I was planning on doing a MidTNVol "record and spend my time doing somethign else", but now I will at least tune in for the start.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 05:11:46 EDT »

I get it.  He has looked pretty awful so far.  Maybe starting eases the pressure.

It's funny though.  It's easy to forget what a physical specimen Dobbs was.  6-3 215, and wow can he run.  Was very hard to bring down in the open field.  Dormady running...never mind.  Gitmo is slightly taller but gives up 20+ pounds.  Skinny as a rail. 

From what I have seen, that makes a difference.  Still, him starting actually gives me something to look forward to saturday. I was planning on doing a MidTNVol "record and spend my time doing somethign else", but now I will at least tune in for the start.   

By looking at those stats I posted in the other thread.....Sometimes you are looking for some production....any production. Hope Gitmo gives us a spark.

Dobbs was a hell of a running back that played QB.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: