VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:52:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor is QD leaving the program*  (Read 9607 times)
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 05:30:33 EDT »

Unless your last name is Dobbs, it will not matter who plays QB. With Butch's offense being run by an amateur OC. this team is doomed to mediocrity at best.  The OL coach is in name only because this line cannot block or protect. Play calling is a joke. JG will be lucky if he survives without injury.

The collapse of the offense belongs to Butch because it is his offense and he picks and controls the coaches. This is a 6 or 7 loss team.

If you do not like what I say, convince me Butch is the answer. QD should stay around because I have the feeling Butch is gone sometime in November.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 06:30:20 EDT »

Can't really blame QD.  He's getting zero coaching at UT.  The only way he gets better as a QB is to move on unless a coaching change is actually made. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 04:12:37 EDT »

Do I dare say it? Kiffiin is a better coach than Jones. A least with young QB's and offenses.

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 05:18:43 EDT »

Do I dare say it? Kiffiin is a better coach than Jones. A least with young QB's and offenses.

He is a better quarterbacks coach.  Don't think there is any question about that one.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 10:02:14 EDT »

Kiffin is a much worse program manager, but a much better football mind and people motivator. We may not gave had three eligible players if he'd lasted three years, but he produced terrific on-field results with minimal OL and defensive talent his one season.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 10:34:29 EDT »

Rumor now has it that Peyton talked to QD and "convinced him to stay".  Peyton has also been involved in gearing up for the new coaching search.  Take from that what you will.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 10:52:59 EDT »

Peyton has also been involved in gearing up for the new coaching search.  .

Hearing that very strongly, too.  Also hearing that he is involved in raising money to fund Butch's buyout. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 03:11:33 EDT »

Kiffin is a much worse program manager, but a much better football mind and people motivator. We may not gave had three eligible players if he'd lasted three years, but he produced terrific on-field results with minimal OL and defensive talent his one season.

I think Kiffin actually has many strengths, and we had a few good games that season, but we stunk it up as well, particularly against Ole MIss the week of the "Great Pilot Prius Robbery" and in the bowl game.  We also should have beaten UCLA and likely Auburn IMO.  Overall result was 7-5, not a huge uptick from the previous year which included a free loss to Wyoming the week Fulmer got fired.

Just MO...on-field was above average but included some stupid decisions, such as my all time favorite gripe about Kiffin....letting the clock wind down so Palardy (I think?) could try a 45 yard field goal, when he hardly ever hit from beyond 40.     

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: