VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 02:46:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report (Butch has checked out version)  (Read 2602 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:38:49 EDT »

Offense:
QB: JG played reasonably well today.  He did provide a spark and was emotionally in the game.  He held the ball too long a couple of times but seemed to learn on the fly in that department. QD stepped in twice and made positive plays.  Kudos to him for being ready to play, given the demotion to 2nd string.  I think JG will help us post bamer.  Had a couple of nice blocks as well, a damn good one the sprung Chandler on his long run.

RB:  Kelly ran strong but missed a couple of blocks and didn't make the play on the double pass.  Chandler played reasonably well.

WR:  As a group, very, very, very, very, very bad.  Little or no separation till they were in a semi prevent.  Wolf probably caught a cold from those defending him he remained so close during routes.

OL:  Only the WR played worse than the OL.  Opened holes early then couldn't open a can of worms.  If the tackles put as much energy in their play as they did their mouths we could run and pass protect.  How many freaking times did the backside end or LB make a play, don't have enough fingers and probably toes to help count!

OC:  Ever heard of the zone read?  Ever hear of running left?  Ever hear of quick opening run plays?  Tired of the screen passes?

Defense:
Year 5 and ZERO depth!
DL:  Played well until they ran out of gas.  The entire 1st quarter zero substitutions on the DL
Their TD drive Pacu was in the game for most of the drive.  We were swapping DTs a lot on the drive.  Butler subbed for Kongbo for 3 plays on that drive and then Phillips for 3 plays.  At each end was out of position that led to big plays - those were the ONLY DE substitutions the entire game.  Kongbo lost contain at least twice.

LB:  Jumper may know where to line up be he isn't a SEC Mike.  Sapp had a good game.  Wore down as well

DBs:  Martin was hurt.  We were swapping the corners the entire game as Moseley was always the boundary corner and Higgins was always he field corner.  Moseley had a nice pass defense on the first play.  The safeties were meh, ok

DC:  Very quiet on the blitz front and allowed their QB to have too much time.  Refuses to trust or play the young players

Coaching: whatever ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:47:33 EDT »

Scott has never met a 1st down he didn't like to run it between the tackles.......OL is worse than last year....we thought it was Mahoney, NOPE it's Botch's scheme. Do we have WR's that can beat a NAIA defense? The defense is good for about 3 series....after that they are done. Allowed USC to have their best rushing game of the season when it was said all week in the media that USC was a bad rushing team and our DBs can't cover a bed with a blanket.

I've seen UT teams that were bad on D but good on O.....and the other way around. We are bad on both sides and don't see it getting any better. I see 1 or 2 more wins.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:02:21 EDT »

Per your comments on no rest for the DEs...we sure did miss Taylor today.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 01:13:56 EDT »

Got back from the mountains while ago, and haven't even bothered to check the score. Thanks for the recap Pirate.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 01:47:44 EDT »

Gaulden is our best defensive player, by far

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 04:47:18 EDT »

Don't forget we showed resolve and resiliency,  so we got that going for us.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 05:31:13 EDT »

Don't forget we showed resolve and resiliency,  so we got that going for us.
First sentence in his post game with Blob

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: