VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 05:34:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What about.......  (Read 2959 times)
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:20:36 EDT »

Cutcliffe? Great offensively. Could save a lot of money on defensive side buyouts. Let that side of the ball stay for a couple years if he likes them. Just pay him what he's due and give him money to hire/bring the assistants he wants. I think he gets us back on the map. Yea, he's older but he could and in my opinion would be successful for many years here. His no BS style would be huge here.

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:28 EDT »

Cutcliffe? Great offensively. Could save a lot of money on defensive side buyouts. Let that side of the ball stay for a couple years if he likes them. Just pay him what he's due and give him money to hire/bring the assistants he wants. I think he gets us back on the map. Yea, he's older but he could and in my opinion would be successful for many years here. His no BS style would be huge here.

I''m on record as being okay with this.  He could do wonders with the talent currently on hand IMO.  He would need a strong DC.

Probably about 3rd or 4th on my list, but Butch was apparently the 3rd or 4th offer we made, and it may come to that again. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:02:36 EDT »

If the only HC available is Cutcliffe after others turn Currie down, I would rather go with a younger up-and-comer. Cut would bring back Roper as OC. He failed at Ole Miss and has made a bad Duke mediocre. So if you want UT to stay middle of the pack in East, yes bring Cut back If you want to actually win the SEC, we need new blood.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:20:04 EDT »

I think coach Cutcliffe would be like putting a band-aid on an arterial bleed.  He is a great guy BUT, I feel
we need some young blood who is willing to do the unexpected on the field.  Our Vols are so damn predictable
now that my wife can see how they line up and she can actually tell you what they are going to do prior to
the snap.  That my friends is BAD!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 05:03:57 EDT »

I like Cut and all, but it just doesn't seem like it would be a very forward thinking hire.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 03:21:19 EDT »

The shelf life of a coach is 3-5 years anyway in this new era.

I agree that Cut is not the greatest hire, just saying he would be an improvement over Butch for sure. 

Synder's return to KSU has gone well, so age is not an issue IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 03:26:23 EDT »

Here's another thought.  I think both Brohm of Purdue and Justin Wilcox of Cal might be great candidates, but each is in his respective first year.  So if we have to bring in Cut, he stays 3 years max and we take whichever of those two does better.  Just a thought.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 03:43:25 EDT »

Here's another thought.  I think both Brohm of Purdue and Justin Wilcox of Cal might be great candidates, but each is in his respective first year.  So if we have to bring in Cut, he stays 3 years max and we take whichever of those two does better.  Just a thought.   

Don't think Wilcox will ever come back East....He's a West coast guy to the hilt. First chance he got to head back to the left coast he bolted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: