VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:19:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I do not feel sorry for Butch one bit  (Read 4626 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2017, 08:00:20 EST »

Two quick reasons:

He was able to improve our program so he was not a failure- he did accomplish something positive .

He made a boat load of money 💰 

Nobody should be feeling sorry for him

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:07:58 EST »

I don't feel sorry for him, but he did help clean up the mess from Dooley and I appreciate that about him.

I did feel a twinge for him last night late in the 4th...he looked miserable.   I would not have wanted to be him on that sideline.

But you're right...he has about 7 million reasons to not need sympathy, going forward.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:15:18 EST »

I don't feel sorry for him, but he did help clean up the mess from Dooley and I appreciate that about him.

I did feel a twinge for him last night late in the 4th...he looked miserable.   I would not have wanted to be him on that sideline.

But you're right...he has about 7 million reasons to not need sympathy, going forward.
And ended up leaving the program not all that much better than drools left it

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:17:17 EST »

Riddle me this - why did FCBJ shut down his twitter account 5 weeks ago??

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:19:43 EST »

And ended up leaving the program not all that much better than drools left it

In terms of this season, no argument from me.  We will probably be fortunate to beat Vandy.

But in terms of talent we are way ahead of where Dooley left us.  And as BDV pointed out, both Kelly and Kirkland are coming back on D, and we will have at least 2, possibly 3, QBs with game experience, and hopefully our O Line will be back to health.

Edit:  not to mention Juan Jennings.  I think if he had played vs. Florida we win, for sure.   

I am looking forward to not having to wonder why Jumper plays almost every down when both Sapp and Bituli are clearly better, or wonder why Martin is started at CB, or wonder why our interior Dline is so soft, etc.  

At least...I hope so.  

Another thing...at least these players have had a taste of winning and know what it's like.  Dooley's squads had no clue.  

This was also an obvious rebuilding year.  Now...should we have dropped so far?  No, but we are much better off than 2012.

No matter who the new coach is, I expect a winning season and a bowl next year.   We have enough talent IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:22:34 EST »

He was calling recruits today telling them to look elsewhere.  That's documented.

The guy is a slug.  

https://twitter.com/SwainEvent/status/929797083313442816
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:24:58 EST by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 09:39:23 EST »

He was calling recruits today telling them to look elsewhere.  That's documented.

The guy is a slug.  

suspend all money, he's given them cause. he's a douchebag

11B4PJ3F7
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 10:20:43 EST »

Definition of low class:

Tennessee commit Tanner Ingle didn’t have to chase down the truth amid rumors about the status of Volunteers head coach Butch Jones on Sunday. The ousted coach called Ingle personally.

“I spoke with Coach Jones about 30 minutes ago,” the Orlando Dr. Phillips defensive back said about 12:30 Sunday afternoon. “He said he didn’t really expect that to happen, but it did so he told me to find a place to go, quickly … and that if he gets anything he will contact me.”
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 10:21:36 EST »

The guy is a slug.  

Even though he is no longer the coach, isn't he still under contract with UT? Isn't that why we have to pay him buyout money? If he is still under contract and he takes actions detrimental to UT, I would think that would breach the contract on his part and void his right to a buyout.

That's my view but I'm just an old dirt lawyer. Maybe TRO would be more qualified to answer this.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 10:30:32 EST »

He was a SEC coach wannabe....He didn't have one ounce of SEC coaching in his DNA.....When his bullsheet ran out he had to own the program and couldn't fake it anymore. He was exposed for what he is...a fraud.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 10:47:37 EST »

He was a SEC coach wannabe....He didn't have one ounce of SEC coaching in his DNA.....When his bullsheet ran out he had to own the program and couldn't fake it anymore. He was exposed for what he is...a fraud.

I wouldn't call him a fraud...just a guy not up to the job.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 10:52:04 EST »

A case can be made that he's a huge Dbag for recruiting against UT as he walks out the door. I hope they tell him to pound sand and his payoff has been forfeited

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 10:56:42 EST »

A case can be made that he's a huge Dbag for recruiting against UT as he walks out the door. I hope they tell him to pound sand and his payoff has been forfeited

If it's true. 

It could just be that he felt obligated to tell the players in person that he wasn't coming back.

If he went beyond that and encouraged them to go elsewhere as reported, then maybe the University has a case.

But other than potentially saving the University a cool $ 8 million, I could GAS.  The important thing is finding a new coach.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: