VTTW Board Index
March 19, 2024, 09:10:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypothetical: Jones' Buyout  (Read 2221 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:55:00 EST »

If some stories about Jones' treatment of players is true, is it possible there could be for cause termination?

The flip side is it could also indict the university for not acting, so perhaps UT would prefer to let it go.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:16:18 EST »

I would say all coaches use colorful language, berate, and humiliate players. I'm not concerned, and apparently the buyout is a "non issue" per the AD. I'm satisfied to let it go. I wonder if Saban ever hurt a players feelings? I think Butch lost the team for other reasons.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:30:03 EST »

Pretty sure Currie said yesterday that Jones was let go without cause.

It also benefits TN for Jones to get another job so it's not really in their interest to run the guy's name into the ground any further.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:04:42 EST »

No.  The termination letter says that Butch is being fired without cause, which means the full buyout will be paid. 

That said, there is some rumors about a couple of former players looking at filing a civil suit against him.  I hope they don't happen, however.  Not a good look for UT, but in this day and time of litigation over pretty much anything and everything it could be quite possible.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:14:36 EST »

His buyout is offset buy him getting another job.....Problem is him getting another job paying enough to help us.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:26:53 EST »

His buyout is offset buy him getting another job.....Problem is him getting another job paying enough to help us.

Even if it only mitigates part of the buyout UT will be paying it is better than contracts that Hamilton and previous ADs had given previous coaches.  Those had no mitigation provisions.  Those firees got paid whether they got another job or not. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 11:45:21 EST »

Currie stated the total buyout was $13 million, which means the staff is about $5 million.  Ouch.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 12:12:46 EST »

Thanks for the info. I'd like the have a hefty buyout for years 1-3, and then zero it after that.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: