VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:22:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This guy says Gruden is a pipe dream, also lists out quite a few possibilities  (Read 2798 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2017, 07:08:24 EST »

https://sports.yahoo.com/florida-tennessee-jobs-open-will-end-003816330.html

Takes quite a few shots at the Vols.  Syracuse grad, probably still butt hurt over 98 

Makes an interesting point...says the fact that we play bammer every year might be a disincentive. 

Well hell, if that's true I guess no one will ever take a job in the West either.   

Says Florida has overtaken us and left us behind.  Well, that was true from about 2006 to 2013, but we have gone toe to toe with them every year since.  Should really have won at least three of the last four.    

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:28:38 EST »

Takes quite a few shots at the Vols.  Syracuse grad, probably still butt hurt over 98 

Makes an interesting point...says the fact that we play bammer every year might be a disincentive. 

Well hell, if that's true I guess no one will ever take a job in the West either.   

Says Florida has overtaken us and left us behind.  Well, that was true from about 2006 to 2013, but we have gone toe to toe with them every year since.  Should really have won at least three of the last four.    

The difference with hiring a coach in the West is they have to beat Bama once to get to Atlanta.....At UT it's most likely that we have to beat Bama twice. Case in point.....If Auburn beats Bama in 2 weeks they don't have to worry about facing Bama again in Atlanta. Coaches are hired at UT to win championships and not SEC East championships. Don't think for one second coaches don't look at that stuff before taking jobs.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:41:15 EST »

On the other hand , we can lose to bama in the regular season and still get to SECC, still with a legit shot at a championship.     West teams do not have that possibility.

The difference with hiring a coach in the West is they have to beat Bama once to get to Atlanta.....At UT it's most likely that we have to beat Bama twice. Case in point.....If Auburn beats Bama in 2 weeks they don't have to worry about facing Bama again in Atlanta. Coaches are hired at UT to win championships and not SEC East championships. Don't think for one second coaches don't look at that stuff before taking jobs.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 09:18:53 EST »

Bama will lose its current luster at some point. I DID NOT say lose their tradition, but they will not continue to dominate at this pace. Any coach that rules out UT because they play Bama every year is a pussy. Period.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:31:03 EST »

Any coach that rules out UT because they play Bama every year is a pussy. Period.

Yes.  Do not want.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 12:20:07 EST »

I guess thats why we are looking for a coach, don't you think? Horseface was 2-1 against Butch with two SECe titles in 2 years. He was owned by Muschamp as well. As far as the last three of the last four..cudda, shudda wudda is not good enough. Sadly we have been closer to Vandy and UK in on-field results than we have UF for quite a few years. 

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 01:07:59 EST »

Sadly we have been closer to Vandy and UK in on-field results than we have UF for quite a few years. 

True.  Until this season.  We likely finish with a better record than "the gata".   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: