VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:02:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tee Martin  (Read 3722 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:48 EST »

Just a FYI...a very good friend of Tee and his wife has said he is interested in the Tennessee job.   This friend works with my daughter... they talk often about the Vols and Tee.   Don't know if UT is interested in Tee... but sounds like he would like to come home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:14 EST »

Don't see UT making a hire that has no head coaching experience.  If they go the coordinator route - even to a Brent Venables type - that means they have been turned down multiple times, pretty much like they were when we ended up with Butch Jones. 

Currie is playing this one close to the vest.  Don't think he is going to make an offer unless he has an assurance that the person he offers is going to accept.  This hire is huge for him professionally, too. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:08:08 EST »

Well, John Brice said on Basilio's show today "I can 100% guarantee you that Jon Gruden has contacted one of those two (Tee Martin & Dale Jones)" about their interest on his staff.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:12:59 EST »

Brice also said Mullen is probably #2.  Which, I feel like we could do much worse, but for me personally wouldn't be as exciting as Gruden.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 07:18:41 EST »

I don't expect a non HC to be hired either.... wondered if Tee would come back for a OC position.... Will be interesting to see.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 07:23:14 EST »

Thanks for posting this though, Granny... it helps make sense of things when someone we know personally brings this kind of information rather than the thousands of posters on other boards who I don't know from Adam.   
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 07:48:30 EST »

Thanks for posting this though, Granny... it helps make sense of things when someone we know personally brings this kind of information rather than the thousands of posters on other boards who I don't know from Adam.   
Yep I know.   I think his wife is still not 100% on coming back because she loves LA, but Tee is ready.   

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 07:51:06 EST »

Yep I know.   I think his wife is still not 100% on coming back because she loves LA, but Tee is ready.   

She is a hip hop semi star and LA is her world.  She told Tee when he interviewed with Butch a few years back that if he was going to go to Knoxville it would be without her.  Be interesting to see if that stance has changed. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: