VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:40:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's say the most optimistic Vol tweeters are correct...  (Read 9066 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 08:32:28 EST »

Understood, thanks for the response. 

I just recall this being a big point of discussion a few years ago, and my recollection, which can be spotty, is that someone dug into it and it turns out that UT doesn't have any academic policies more stringent than other SEC schools.

I do know that when Butch took over, we were on the verge of losing scholarships because too many players had GPAs below that required by the NCAA.  It may be that during those times the admin rejected a few partial qualifiers to avoid probation, IDK.

I don't think there are any issues now though.

BanditVol,

This could have been disputed by information and I haven't seen it.  Butch indeed, without any doubt, helped this program from the academics side.  For that he deserves credit.

If there are higher standards for our athletes, though, I would hope that the issue could be addressed.

Have a great evening!   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: