VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:13:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clock on Gruden  (Read 2231 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:17:48 EST »

What's your drop dead date for Gruden to declare? I would think it's gotta be this Friday at the latest. This doesn't mean he'd be announced then, just that he'd have to sign by then.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:20:10 EST »

IMO if Gruden is not negotiating a contract at this very moment, he is not coming. The only people who know are Gruden's agent and the lead contact from UTAD.

Also JMO but Gruden will not come here unless ESPN is going to drop MNF and Gruden's contract. That will be incentive.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:06:38 EST »

Also JMO but Gruden will not come here unless ESPN is going to drop MNF and Gruden's contract. That will be incentive.

Yep.  I'd amend that to add "or negotiate a big pay cut", but agree 100% with the premise.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 01:34:09 EST »

Agreed, and I'm fine with it. We've had weeks to let him make up his mind. Now it's time to move on, assuming he isn't already inked (highly unlikely) .

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 01:45:14 EST »

I think we'll know something before the Vandy game.   
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 02:28:38 EST »

Good read here.

https://landryfootball.com/taking-inside-jon-gruden-rumors-guy-thats/   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 03:10:33 EST »

That all makes really good sense.  This part is particularly interesting:

From the University of Tennessee point of view, administrators don’t appear all that interested in Gruden as they are busy vetting other candidates. Yes, certain booster factions want him badly but the people handling the process led by AD John Currie don’t appear as interested. But, I am told that they don’t mind the perception that Gruden is a target as giving the impression that they made a run at him would appease both the booster faction and fan base who are hoping for him

Hm.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: