VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 06:56:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mullen  (Read 3585 times)
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:50 EST »

willing to leave Miss St to come to Knoxville?

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:39:24 EST »

Maybe....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 05:16:29 EST »

I sure hope so. I want Gruden as much as the next guy but i'm also looking at who I believe will be our next coach and I pray it's Mullen

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 05:30:50 EST »

If he wants a championship, yes.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 12:35:11 EST »

well at least he has beaten a few West teams, unlike Jones. But he didn't beat the ones that count. Even with Prescott. Hmmmm

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 06:36:07 EST »

I don't know if he would leave Starkville yet. He returns 18 starters including the QB next year. Plus you can win 7-9 games a year in Starkville and have a job for life. Not so much at UT.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 06:46:17 EST »

IMO, NO

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 07:52:43 EST »

I looked at a wiki list of all FBS coaches last night, including coordinators. Other than the obvious 3 or 4... Saban, Meyer, Swinney, possibly Fisher... They are ALL underwhelming. Folks better get realistic. Almost nobody has beaten Saban at Bama. And guess what, he was less than spectacular at Michigan State & didn't kill it at LSU like he has Bama. Facts.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 07:56:27 EST »

I'd take Mullen in a second over some mentioned.....But as said above, win 8 at Miss State and they love you. Win 8 at UT and FL you get fired. He makes 4.7 million at MSU and IMO it will have to be upped a lot for him to leave.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 08:04:42 EST »

I'd take Kevin Sumlin if he gets fired. Again, reality is setting in for me. It is either going to be a coordinator, or a coach that isn't Saban, Meyer, Swinney. Doubtful Fisher, or Malzahn either. Hear that volsboy? Champion of Life!  
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:08:41 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 09:29:55 EST »

I'd take Kevin Sumlin if he gets fired. Again, reality is setting in for me. It is either going to be a coordinator, or a coach that isn't Saban, Meyer, Swinney. Doubtful Fisher, or Malzahn either. Hear that volsboy? Champion of Life!  
Why fire Jones then? If you are fine with 9-4 then why waste the money. Sumlin arguably had at least as much and probably more talent than UT had overall, and he is basically a 8-5  coach. Why spend more money for him?

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 09:47:09 EST »

I looked at a wiki list of all FBS coaches last night, including coordinators. Other than the obvious 3 or 4... Saban, Meyer, Swinney, possibly Fisher... They are ALL underwhelming. Folks better get realistic. Almost nobody has beaten Saban at Bama. And guess what, he was less than spectacular at Michigan State & didn't kill it at LSU like he has Bama. Facts.

I see what you did there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: