VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:48:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, the puppet’s statement indicates he learned NOTHING from yesterday  (Read 10329 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2017, 05:55:31 EST »

I don't think you completely understand...I'm talking partly about firing an AD in the middle of a coaching search maybe not being the best option.

Well, you actually said that it was an unbelievably fizzleing stupid thing to do.  Not quite the same thing.

But the other thing I am mentioning is the political reality.

Do you really think it's that easy to get Jimmy Haslem out of the loop when his family is the biggest donor to UT and his brother is Governor?  How exactly is that going to work? 

What other power base are you looking to?  It seems they have all the angles covered to me.

I have no idea if the power structure that is, and has been, UT athletics for years can be changed.  I would venture to wager, however, that if it were ever going to be possible to topple that dynasty that this might be just the right time to do so.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 06:00:33 EST »

Well, you actually said that it was an unbelievably fizzleing stupid thing to do.  Not quite the same thing.

I do think it would be stupid.  Maybe I should have said "Unwise".   

My take is that we have a better chance with getting a timely hire of a new coach with Currie than without.  It's reported that he is interviewing Gundy.  Not my first choice, but I could get on board with it.  Doesn't matter...Gundy won't come here, he's an Okie native that loves his alma mater from what I've heard.

What are the odds that the next offer Currie makes is a much better coach?  North of 99%, I'd say.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 06:29:25 EST »

In the current climate, Gundy would be a very good get.

I'd have preferred Peterson for the same money, though.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:32:18 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 09:34:46 EST »

I don't think you completely understand...I'm talking partly about firing an AD in the middle of a coaching search maybe not being the best option.

But the other thing I am mentioning is the political reality.

Do you really think it's that easy to get Jimmy Haslem out of the loop when his family is the biggest donor to UT and his brother is Governor?  How exactly is that going to work? 

What other power base are you looking to?  It seems they have all the angles covered to me.

On Monday of this week, I read something detailing how this entire week would supposedly play out.  It was like dominoes perched ready to fall, one after the other. 

I'm a nobody.  I have no inside knowledge of the goings on inside the UT athletic department.  I had no way of knowing whether the individuals involved in creating the predicted weekly activity actually could pull it off, but as the week went by those dominoes fell one after the other.

Haslam has been removed from his seat of power in the UT athletic department if Fulmer has indeed been chosen to replace John Currie as AD of UT.

If Fulmer indeed falls in place at 4:00, there is only one domino left........
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 10:41:45 EST »

On Monday of this week, I read something detailing how this entire week would supposedly play out.  It was like dominoes perched ready to fall, one after the other. 

I'm a nobody.  I have no inside knowledge of the goings on inside the UT athletic department.  I had no way of knowing whether the individuals involved in creating the predicted weekly activity actually could pull it off, but as the week went by those dominoes fell one after the other.

Haslam has been removed from his seat of power in the UT athletic department if Fulmer has indeed been chosen to replace John Currie as AD of UT.

If Fulmer indeed falls in place at 4:00, there is only one domino left........

Do you mean Davenport?  Seems unecessary to me

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 10:52:22 EST »

The last domino is the biggest yet.

The coach.

Will it fall like all the rest? 

Who knows?

I, for one, certainly hope so. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:13 EST »

The last domino is the biggest yet.

The coach.

Will it fall like all the rest? 

Who knows?

I, for one, certainly hope so. 

Oh okay.  I thought your use of "fall" meant "good bye to xxx".

But you are saying this is part of a plan where the last domino is a good coach.

I know what Domino you have in mind.   

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2017, 11:24:46 EST »

Oh okay.  I thought your use of "fall" meant "good bye to xxx".

But you are saying this is part of a plan where the last domino is a good coach.

I know what Domino you have in mind.   

Yeah the fall was a domino reference, probably not the clearest choice of phrases given the day's events.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 08:16:59 EST »

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/12/jimmy_haslam_says_he_had_nothi.html

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 08:25:00 EST »

He's lying his ass off

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 09:20:30 EST »

To be fair, he was referring to the search that landed Bowden Wyatt.  So technically, he's not lying.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 10:03:00 EST »

To be fair, he was referring to the search that landed Bowden Wyatt.  So technically, he's not lying.

I was a fan in the Bowden Wyatt era....I think he's lying about that too. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: