VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:31:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just get Sumlin now....be done with this and stop looking like fools.  (Read 2404 times)
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:02:17 EST »

Not being smart ass here but damn people....
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 06:10:27 EST »

Well it ain't like "we" have any say #1 & #2 quit acting like Kirby is Saban. Long way to go there.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:13:54 EST »

It's not like we can just go who we want......It's more like who wants us. Right now there are no takers and even those appear to be dwindling.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 06:24:36 EST »

It's not like we can just go who we want......It's more like who wants us. Right now there are no takers and even those appear to be dwindling.

I'm not convinced Sumlin would come. Kiffin & Les Miles would.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 06:27:42 EST »

I don't think the admin will, but Louisville took Petrino back. I'm sure a contract could be structured to keep Kiffin. I think we may need to get over our grudge. However, I wouldn't be shocked if the little fizzleer tried to bolt for Alabama when Saban retires.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 06:29:55 EST »

JMO...but Kiffin will go to a P5 school he can win pretty big right off the bat that's not a dumpster fire that we are. His career will be on the line when he leaves FAU. At UT the way it is and has been for years...we are where coaches come to die.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 06:37:15 EST »

JMO...but Kiffin will go to a P5 school he can win pretty big right off the bat that's not a dumpster fire that we are. His career will be on the line when he leaves FAU. At UT the way it is and has been for years...we are where coaches come to die.

To be fair two died of their own doing. Kiffin left. Let's not be overly dramatic 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 06:43:12 EST »

Stop posting and looking like a fool.  Don't act like you know what's going on or that it's as simple as our AD can't find his man.  What's going on is much deeper than that and and you wouldn't understand nor do I give a crap if you do understand.  There is a power struggle going on and there are politics and good ole boy network crap going on that has been stewing for a long time and it is coming to a head in a very public way.  But maybe that's what had to happen all along for things to really change around here. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 12:48:45 EST »

Not being a smart ass, but also using the word "fool" in the subject line?   

That pretty much destroys any credibility you might have thought you had.

I will say this back to you.  Smart was looking really good, but the combined records of UT and Florida are literally a record low since the divisions were formed.  Your win over MSU was impressive...at home.  But the only really good team you played in the SEC punked you pretty badly.

So far as I am concerned, I still don't see any upgrade from Richt to Smart.  And Auburn is going smoke you again in the SECCG.

And if they don't, your old coach just might get a chance at some payback.   

Mark Richt...a really good coach that always loses one key game a season.  Kirby smart...Richt 2.0?  I guess we'll find out.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: