VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 05:35:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How bout bringing in the Mad Hatter & Tee Martin....  (Read 1807 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2017, 07:47:14 EST »

yes, another Les Miles poast from yours truly.   It's not as if I really want him here, it's just that I heard we wants the job.  He would be better than Doering.

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 08:10:48 EST »

he is a bad coach whose exceptional talent won in spite of him.              
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:56:46 EST »

Wanting the job and actually being able to succeed at it are not the same thing. Tee will only come here as head coach. And Les would under no circumstances keep his mishandling paws out of the offense.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:52:37 EST »

You people do realize hat makers became known as a Mad Hatter when the mercury they used to tan leather to make hats drove them insane. Les acted crazy and the reason his offenses mostly stank the place up was he dictated how the OC ran the team and would not let the OC run the offense. Boy, Tennessee needs another offensive genius here to run their infallible offense. Les had no problem getting Louisiana boys to come to LSU because they wanted to stay in-state. Les did not recruit that great at Okie State.

It does not look like a lot of teams on the market have looked at Les. That says a lot about what schools feel about his coaching ability.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 12:50:03 EST »

I don't think Les would be a complete disaster, but I can't get past his offensive woes. If you brought in Tee as OC, it very likely would end Tee's career.

We were in the bottom 20 teams in D1 offensively this year.  Is Les the right guy to rebuild that?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: