VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:14:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We all blamed Currie?......  (Read 8034 times)
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2017, 04:41:21 EST »

but he may have just been the whipping boy, and is now the scapegoat.  I have never been more discouraged.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 04:49:39 EST »

Today indicates the Sunday fiasco was all on Currie
He has been a dead AD walking ever since

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 04:51:10 EST »

LOTS of leaks from "sources" coming out right now from all sides.  Lets see how it all shakes out over the next day or two.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 05:03:43 EST »

I don't buy that.  Peyton was calling VFL's and Kirk Herbstreit lauding Schiano, so it was obviously not rogue.  The "vetting" was out there on our message boards days before Sunday, so I refuse to believe Currie was the sole idiot.  That is not to say he is not an idiot, he is, but is in good company with a host of other idiots.  He has taken the fall, but I don't think it ends here.

Today indicates the Sunday fiasco was all on Currie
He has been a dead AD walking ever since

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 05:08:35 EST »

Today is a good day.   
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 05:13:43 EST »

I'm no more confident that a Fulmer as interim/permanent AD and Bev Davenport are going to get it any more right than Currie did.  

The entire UT administration is one big cluster fizzle.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 05:18:57 EST »

but he may have just been the whipping boy, and is now the scapegoat.  I have never been more discouraged.

It is important to take pause and realize that we don't know the whole story - just what has been leaked and we don't even know what of that is true.  Grains of salt.  Still, I'm fairly comfortable saying - FIRE HIS ASS.  A tenth grader could have handled this better.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 05:23:49 EST »

I'm no more confident that a Fulmer as interim/permanent AD and Bev Davenport are going to get it any more right than Currie did.  

This.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 05:30:27 EST »

Yes!  It is the leadership at the top that has ALLOWED this fiasco to go on and appears to have even ENABLED it.  Until we have strong leadership at the top, we are probably screwed.  Based on this ABSOLUTE mess, you could probably consider us lucky that we avoided who we almost hired and lucky to have almost signed Brohm, with these CLOWNS as our agents.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 05:42:53 EST »

So because they fired him, you automatically stop blaming him and call him a scapegoat? Based on what? McMurphy and Feldman, who had stories AT  THE READY to go after Phil? Who in the world do you think gave them that?

The media has spent all week trying to blame the fans. Don't let them rope you into painting Currie as a fall guy. He went rogue on Sunday and it cost him his ass. Not a single one of you would've accepted Leach last Sunday. An incompetent Athletic Director and Department couldn't do their job correctly and the current president and chancellor are powerless to fix it. More power to a Tennessee man stepping up and doing something from Tennessee. Nobody else seems to care.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 05:45:00 EST »

So because they fired him, you automatically stop blaming him and call him a scapegoat? Based on what? McMurphy and Feldman, who had stories AT  THE READY to go after Phil? Who in the world do you think gave them that?

The media has spent all week trying to blame the fans. Don't let them rope you into painting Currie as a fall guy. He went rogue on Sunday and it cost him his ass. Not a single one of you would've accepted Leach last Sunday. An incompetent Athletic Director and Department couldn't do their job correctly and the current president and chancellor are powerless to fix it. More power to a Tennessee man stepping up and doing something from Tennessee. Nobody else seems to care.
Damn, the sheriff is back and bringing heat

If Currie did use a non UT based plane to go out to interview the Pirate that was probably the final nail in the coffin

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 05:46:00 EST »

But that's who's there, and keeping Currie around does not improve what we have. Sometimes people have to recognize the positive stages in fixing things that are so fizzleed up as the UTAD, even if there is still a lot more cleanup to be done.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 05:48:01 EST »

Damn, the sheriff is back and bringing heat

If Currie did use a non UT based plane to go out to interview the Pirate that was probably the final nail in the coffin

That and he went dark and didn't tell Bev and Joe where he was and who he was talking to until they sent the MOU to the legal team... or so I've been told.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 05:51:43 EST »

We are on the same page here.  Not saying in any way, shape, or form that Currie is not culpable, just that he was, as I said in another thread, the lowest idiot in the idiot chain.  Probable a misuse of the word scapegoat, he deserved what he got, but others are just as deserving, if not more so.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 05:52:08 EST »

We are on the same page here.  Not saying in any way, shape, or form that Currie is not culpable, just that he was, as I said in another thread, the lowest idiot in the idiot chain.  Probable a misuse of the word scapegoat, he deserved what he got, but others are just as deserving, if not more so.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 07:52:28 EST »

Phil can't possibly do worse than Currie.  And those who wanted Phil gone so badly and insisted on it so loudly those 9 long years ago need to take a long look in the mirror, because they were wrong on that one also.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 07:56:35 EST »

One of my issues with all the venom sent Currie's way is that there was a strong contigent calling for his head already just because he didn't fire Butch in October.  I understand our fanbase is passioinate, but you have to have at least a semblence of sense at some point.

In short, ill will had already built up against Currie and that includes some of the overall ill will that has accumulated for a decade.

Therefore what happened Sunday is understandable...it had been building for a long time.

I am definintely okay with the firing even though I didn't advocate with it.  It's been a long 5 days since Sunday.

My sole concern is the stories trickling out that Currie was fired for crossing Haslem, which may well be true.  But I hope not.

And if Phil is indeed the interim AD, then he will have the clout to stand up to Haslem.  Or I hope so anyway. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 08:21:42 EST »

One of my issues with all the venom sent Currie's way is that there was a strong contigent calling for his head already just because he didn't fire Butch in October.  I understand our fanbase is passioinate, but you have to have at least a semblence of sense at some point.

In short, ill will had already built up against Currie and that includes some of the overall ill will that has accumulated for a decade.

Therefore what happened Sunday is understandable...it had been building for a long time.

I am definintely okay with the firing even though I didn't advocate with it.  It's been a long 5 days since Sunday.

My sole concern is the stories trickling out that Currie was fired for crossing Haslem, which may well be true.  But I hope not.

And if Phil is indeed the interim AD, then he will have the clout to stand up to Haslem.  Or I hope so anyway. 

From the look of things, the interim will be a big indicator of what's going on.  If it's Phil, we may start to see some real change.  If it's this Sigman guy, it will be the Haslams running the show as usual.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 08:29:45 EST »

Nailed it.   We will know whether it is a whole new song or second verse same as the first.

From the look of things, the interim will be a big indicator of what's going on.  If it's Phil, we may start to see some real change.  If it's this Sigman guy, it will be the Haslams running the show as usual.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 09:21:39 EST »

Nailed it.   We will know whether it is a whole new song or second verse same as the first.

Haslem ruined the Browns.  He is working on making us the laughingstock of college football like Cleveland is in the NFL?   
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 09:29:57 EST »

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 10:04:22 EST »

I kind of understand this question. Every time Curries name is coming up in these discussion there's that little voice in my head that whispers what about Davenport? Am I mistaken or is it a signature other than Curries which puts us on the hook with Schiano for the mou?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 10:46:33 EST »

I kind of understand this question. Every time Curries name is coming up in these discussion there's that little voice in my head that whispers what about Davenport? Am I mistaken or is it a signature other than Curries which puts us on the hook with Schiano for the mou?

Davenport IMO is trying to stay as far away from it as possible.  That "leadership" style can be blamed in some sense, but I prefer to look at it this way...she is hardly a football expert and prefers to delegate.  I am absolutely okay with that.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 10:54:23 EST »

Was her signature on that document?  I don't know.  There are conflicting reports.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:56 EST »

Was her signature on that document?  I don't know.  There are conflicting reports.

I've only heard that hers is not, but Currie's is.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: