VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 06:54:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fisher to A&M, Ole Miss hit with major violations, UT fires AD........  (Read 1657 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:00:39 EST »

The Internet is going to break. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:02:34 EST »

It would have been nice to hire before FSU started looking

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 08:05:03 EST »

I didn't think Fisher would actually do it, and I think it's a mistake on his part.

But...I did say that if anywhere has the deep pockets to get him it's Texas or Tamu.  Deep, deep oil money pockets at both schools.

Tamu just spent almost a half billion on their stadium renovation.  They can afford to throw ~ $120 million at Fisher.  

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 08:46:56 EST »

Fisher goes to A&M because Fisher and the FSU administrators (all of them) have been at each other over facilities, player treatment, etc. Fisher has toyed with leaving for 3-4 yrs and FSU called his bluff. A&M has deeper pockets than FSU. He has not been able to pick and choose Florida recruits like the past so the talent depth has fallen off.

If you are not happy with your boss and your boss is not happy with you, you need to find other employment. Regardless, with better ACC teams emerging, and the Florida universities getting better and drawing off top talent, FSU will tank somewhat unless the new coach is a spit fire.

Ole Miss actually got off easy with their sanctions. The fact they were proactive in the mess they found helped.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 08:54:58 EST »

Fisher goes to A&M because Fisher and the FSU administrators (all of them) have been at each other over facilities, player treatment, etc. Fisher has toyed with leaving for 3-4 yrs and FSU called his bluff. A&M has deeper pockets than FSU. He has not been able to pick and choose Florida recruits like the past so the talent depth has fallen off.

If you are not happy with your boss and your boss is not happy with you, you need to find other employment. Regardless, with better ACC teams emerging, and the Florida universities getting better and drawing off top talent, FSU will tank somewhat unless the new coach is a spit fire.

Ole Miss actually got off easy with their sanctions. The fact they were proactive in the mess they found helped.

Yeah I did a quick read on the situation at FSU, and I can understand him moving on, for sure.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: