VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 05:25:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FWIW, there are fewer than half as many fans in attendance  (Read 2019 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2017, 03:18:12 EST »

...to watch #10 play #12 for the Pac 12 Championship than there were to watch the worst UT team ever play a meaningless November game in near-hurricane conditions. 

But yeah, the fans are the problem in Knoxville.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 05:55:28 EST »

It was a sorry looking crowd.......But a heck of a game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 06:03:53 EST »

Did Tee's offense do well?

My west coast buddy texted me that there were "come home Tee" signs in the stands.  I am not 100% sure of Tee as HC, but I'd take him as OC in a  heartbeat.  No question. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 04:17:17 EST »

Did Tee's offense do well?

My west coast buddy texted me that there were "come home Tee" signs in the stands.  I am not 100% sure of Tee as HC, but I'd take him as OC in a  heartbeat.  No question.  

Yes their offense looked good as far as play calling and design. They had a lot of penalties. Had two big drives for touchdowns when Stanford was threatening to take over.

Their offense is Lane's offense... similar to what Lane / Chaney ran at UT, Lane ran at SC and Bama, and what Chaney is running at UGa. Pistol, Single back, two TEs, lots of play action with short to medium throws to the front side of the play and long throws to the backside.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:06:27 EST »

Yes their offense looked good as far as play calling and design. They had a lot of penalties. Had two big drives for touchdowns when Stanford was threatening to take over.

Their offense is Lane's offense... similar to what Lane / Chaney ran at UT, Lane ran at SC and Bama, and what Chaney is running at UGa. Pistol, Single back, two TEs, lots of play action with short to medium throws to the front side of the play and long throws to the backside.

Find a decent HC and make Tee the highest paid OC in history.  Or a highly paid one.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: