VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:45:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miles and Tee??  (Read 4308 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:12:44 EST »

Just read a report on facebook that Fulmer has reached out to Miles and Tee is open to OC/Assoc. HC with Miles.   If nothing else,  does this indicate that Tee is willing to come home as OC with another name coach as HC?  

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 03:15:16 EST »

Here's the link
http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2017/12/03/report-fulmer-contacts-les-miles-tee-martin-interested/

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 03:28:42 EST »

I think Miles may be the only way to get Tee without making him the HC, short of pulling Gruden. Miles is 65 and you could give him 5 years to stabilize and recruit. Tee could use a few years seasoning in the league as OC / Assistant HC / HCIW before taking the job. Sort of what Fulmer did with Johnny.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 03:38:22 EST »

I think Miles may be the only way to get Tee without making him the HC, short of pulling Gruden. Miles is 65 and you could give him 5 years to stabilize and recruit. Tee could use a few years seasoning in the league as OC / Assistant HC / HCIW before taking the job. Sort of what Fulmer did with Johnny.
I could go for this, for sure!!

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 03:40:56 EST »

I could go for this, for sure!!

I'm in, too, with the possibly unrealistic hope that Phil makes sure that Les leaves Tee alone. Les has a reputation for micromanaging offensive coordinators and his offense is stale and unimaginative.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 06:44:16 EST »

I'm in, too, with the possibly unrealistic hope that Phil makes sure that Les leaves Tee alone. Les has a reputation for micromanaging offensive coordinators and his offense is stale and unimaginative.

Yeah Im worried that Les will stifle Tee.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 06:50:57 EST »

Unless Miles agrees to leave the OC alone in organized and calling stupid plays, UT will be stuck at 8 wins a year. Miles rarely beat Bama because he ran the ball too much. You beat Bama by passing and a mobile QB (see Johnny Football and Clemson).

What makes anyone believe for one minute Miles will retire in 5 years or less?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:37 EST »

Unless Miles agrees to leave the OC alone in organized and calling stupid plays, UT will be stuck at 8 wins a year. Miles rarely beat Bama because he ran the ball too much. You beat Bama by passing and a mobile QB (see Johnny Football and Clemson).

What makes anyone believe for one minute Miles will retire in 5 years or less?

Why are you worried about beating Bama? We are a long way from beating Bama. Bama has the best coach to ever do it. To beat them on a consistent basis, we'd have to get one of the Petersen / Patterson / Gruden / Shaw type of personalities and hope the SEC money and exposure pushes them up. Considering the events of the last week, perhaps the short term focus should be getting back above Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina as quickly as possible. Les can recruit and has a good reputation with high school coaches. Relationships in Louisiana and Texas.

I agree about Les's offensive concerns, but I think Phil will work all that out and at his age, he can agree to a 5 year contract knowing Tee is HCIW, and if he doesn't want to retire they can let him go. Compared to the events of the last month, that's stability.  Everybody wanted to look at Butch as a table setter coach for the guy who would come in and push us over the top but that's not what he was once recruits and players figured him out. We now need that table setter.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 09:00:27 EST »

With the money UT has spent in the last month......8.5 mil to Butch....3 mil to the staff.....5 mil maybe less to Currie.....Several mil to the new incoming staff. Miles not having a buyout to worry about.....He's said he'll take less money to put it on the staff and when Fulmer looks in the mirror he see Miles in the reflection. It seems to point in that direction.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 09:04:20 EST »

I think 73volgrad is a pretty realistic poster who takes a negative view of most things so I'm not really arguing with him... just taking the positive slant of it. There are definitely concerns but the biggest problem the fans need to understand is that having championship expectations doesn't mean that we can't realize where we are and there need to be some interim steps.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 03:47:57 EST »

. Considering the events of the last week, perhaps the short term focus should be getting back above Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina as quickly as possible.

x2 

Although I will add that we were above all of them in 2015.   But from November 2016 on has been a shizzle show. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: