VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:41:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously, how is Tee any more risky than the names out there right now?  (Read 13418 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 04:29:31 EST »

Like I have said before, I wonder why no one looks at North Dakota State coach Chris Klieman. His teams beat P5 teams pretty regularly and if you watch them they look extremely well coached. I wonder what he would do at a place like UT with vast resources. Who knows? Maybe a lot of schools have shown interest and he's just happy where he's at.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 06:35:57 EST »

Like I have said before, I wonder why no one looks at North Dakota State coach Chris Klieman. His teams beat P5 teams pretty regularly and if you watch them they look extremely well coached. I wonder what he would do at a place like UT with vast resources. Who knows? Maybe a lot of schools have shown interest and he's just happy where he's at.

His predecessor built the program and is now at Wyoming.  Would be another option, since Wyoming is at least FBS.  Hasn't done that well at Wyoming though.

I also wonder if he could recruit in the South? 

We could do worse though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 09:35:42 EST »

Regarding Tee Martin, this is being reported on other UT sites so please don't accuse me of trolling. In fact, I just became aware of it yesterday. I'm passing on what has been reported elsewhere. His wonderlic testing was very, very low which could be alarming to someone who is looking at him for a head coaching position.

http://footballiqscore.com/wonderlic-score-database/tee-martin
BG
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:37:41 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 12:11:05 EST »

Regarding Tee Martin, this is being reported on other UT sites so please don't accuse me of trolling. In fact, I just became aware of it yesterday. I'm passing on what has been reported elsewhere. His wonderlic testing was very, very low which could be alarming to someone who is looking at him for a head coaching position.

http://footballiqscore.com/wonderlic-score-database/tee-martin
BG

You act surprised.  You do know he went through the Alabama educational system, right?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 12:24:49 EST »

You act surprised.  You do know he went through the Alabama educational system, right?  

Surprised you went there...actually NOT surprised you went there. But since you did bring up the educational system, in this particular case there could be much more compelling questions to ask about the "educational system."

Edited to say, think about it...

BG
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:35:34 EST by BGHarper » Logged
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 01:11:01 EST »

Surprised you went there...actually NOT surprised you went there. But since you did bring up the educational system, in this particular case there could be much more compelling questions to ask about the "educational system."

BG

Tennessee and Alabama fans debating educational standards...I'll take irony for $1000, Alex.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:09 EST »

Tennessee and Alabama fans debating educational standards...I'll take irony for $1000, Alex.

True.

BG
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 01:40:11 EST »

LOL....Yep.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 03:25:11 EST »

Oh come on....Tennessee is near the top nationally.  Everyone knows that.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 03:30:04 EST »

BG

A more serious answer...Wonderlic doesn't mean much IMO.  There are other players including QBs who have scored low but gone on to great things. 

Intelligence tests are controversial anyway.

Two of the lowest 5 wonderlic scores in history went on to have outstanding NFL careers.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_combine_2017_best_and_worst_wonderlic_test_sco.html

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 05:02:52 EST »

A more serious answer...Wonderlic doesn't mean much IMO.  There are other players including QBs who have scored low but gone on to great things.  

Two of the lowest 5 wonderlic scores in history went on to have outstanding NFL careers.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_combine_2017_best_and_worst_wonderlic_test_sco.html

Whatever you say.

BG

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:05:45 EST by BGHarper » Logged
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 03:38:09 EST »

A more serious answer...Wonderlic doesn't mean much IMO.  There are other players including QBs who have scored low but gone on to great things. 

We're talking about Tee as a COACH here - I'd be surprised if many successful coaches scored low.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 06:04:13 EST »

We're talking about Tee as a COACH here - I'd be surprised if many successful coaches scored low.

Thank you, sir.

BG
Creek Walker
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 06:04:26 EST »

This is the sort of thing that runs the risk of getting you tarred and feathered among UT fans, but I've said from the beginning that I believe Tee would be an abject failure as a head coach. I just don't think he has the wherewithal to do it...regardless of his Wonderlic score, but that would just reconfirm my stance.

I'm thrilled UT didn't go that route, and I think there's a very real reason they didn't. I would've taken Tee as our OC, just because he's one of our own and he's had that title (even if in name only), but I'm not even convinced he would be a great OC. There are a lot of questions about how much freedom he has with the offense at USC.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2017, 07:11:21 EST »

This is the sort of thing that runs the risk of getting you tarred and feathered among UT fans, but I've said from the beginning that I believe Tee would be an abject failure as a head coach. I just don't think he has the wherewithal to do it...regardless of his Wonderlic score, but that would just reconfirm my stance.

I'm thrilled UT didn't go that route, and I think there's a very real reason they didn't. I would've taken Tee as our OC, just because he's one of our own and he's had that title (even if in name only), but I'm not even convinced he would be a great OC. There are a lot of questions about how much freedom he has with the offense at USC.
Feel the tremors ?

I agree 100%

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 12:06:44 EST »

BG...take the Wonderlic challenge.  I found a link for it.  Let me know if you want to take it.   

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 05:51:18 EST »

What's the point?

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 05:53:15 EST »

What's the point?

BG

To see if you can score better than Tee. 

I have my doubts.   

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 06:44:10 EST »

To see if you can score better than Tee. 

I have my doubts.   

OK, but take it yourself. Who knows, it may help you in some way.

BG
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: