VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:22:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A lot of chatter regarding Pruitt  (Read 11113 times)
buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 03:35:59 EST »

I, for one, prefer not to wallow in the current doom and gloom that seems to be permeating the current perception, from the media, the naysayers and most of all some of the fans who think that Tennessee is a lost cause.  Gruden was a pipe dream, Kelley was never coming, Frost went home, Mullen made sense going to Florida. We almost got Schiano for God's sake!  Yes, so we have struck out so far, but seriously, no one that Currie reached out to would have satisfied the "prerequisite" of hiring a proven winner guaranteed to get us back to the glory days in year one. There are only a handful of coaches that could have met that standard and they ain't going nowhere.  

Coach Pruitt, if we are fortunate to hire him, shows a lot of promise.  I agree with the approach of defense first and he has been part of the best.  With a good defense, at least we will be in the ball game.  Bring in Tee Martin, the offense will be improved and recruiting should be a given (maybe even salvage this year's class).  I look at this as a new beginning no matter who we get.

As for this past season, it was the worst I have ever witnessed as I am sure everyone would agree.  There were games we should have won, games we could have lost.  The stars lined up against us with a tough schedule and we were decimated by unprecedented injuries, not to mention a terrible coaching performance.

Having said all this, I am optimistic that we're going to be fine.  We have good talent coming back, we have great facilities, a passionate fan base and we play in the best conference in the country.  Butch was right about one thing, Tennessee has all the pieces in place to compete and produce a championship program. I trust in Coach Fulmer to make the right decision on the coaching hire.  

Next year's schedule will be brutal and we may still take some hard losses.  It's not going to be easy but what's new.  It's the SEC.

But chin up ya'll.  See you in Charlotte.  

Go Vols! Go big orange!    

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 03:54:18 EST »

Curious. Who did you expect? Who did you want?

BG

If I could take any college coach in the country without considering if they would come, it would be Petersen.  If I include coaches not currently coaching college but active, Carroll.  Either will do.

Of active coaches we might actually get, Fuentes (15 M buyout is the obstacle).

Of coaches that are affordable that we could get, I'd take Leach over Pruitt.

Elsewhere Droner says that "for years" people have been saying Pruitt would make a great HC.  No disrespect Droner, but Pruitt has only been the DC at bammer for two years.  I think the talk of him being an HC is very recent, actually.  As in only for this season that I am aware of.

And what I suspect is that it was fueled in part by Smart's success at Uga this year.  But just because Smart made the transition doesn't mean Pruitt will.   

I agree with BDV...he's a shizzle sandwich until proven otherwise.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 04:24:01 EST »

If I could take any college coach in the country without considering if they would come, it would be Petersen.  If I include coaches not currently coaching college but active, Carroll.  Either will do.

Of active coaches we might actually get, Fuentes (15 M buyout is the obstacle).

Of coaches that are affordable that we could get, I'd take Leach over Pruitt.

Elsewhere Droner says that "for years" people have been saying Pruitt would make a great HC.  No disrespect Droner, but Pruitt has only been the DC at bammer for two years.  I think the talk of him being an HC is very recent, actually.  As in only for this season that I am aware of.

And what I suspect is that it was fueled in part by Smart's success at Uga this year.  But just because Smart made the transition doesn't mean Pruitt will.   

I agree with BDV...he's a shizzle sandwich until proven otherwise.   

Well it seems like years. The point is, if he's hired as the coach, why not give him a chance? Shizzle sandwich or not.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 04:36:24 EST »

Pruitt would be a really good hire, and especially given what has happened here the last couple of weeks.  Don't really know what some folks expect at this point.  Just proves that some fans really don't have much of a clue. 
Well said.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 04:40:24 EST »

Well said.

Good to see you, you egg stomper.

Our golf course has about 100 Canada geese we need you to eliminate.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 04:43:45 EST »

Maybe i am alone in this opinion but i was actually excited about Leach. He is one of the few coaches that could have been transformative to our program. Not many coaches would have struck fear in the hearts of SEC Defensive coordinators, but Leach would have.  I like pirates too!!! I know he is a bit querky but he would have put 40+ on the board every game.  Oh well...doesn't matter any way. Maybe we can find Randy Sanders right?  

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 04:49:53 EST »

HOLLER!! Good to see ya brother!

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 06:49:30 EST »

Well it seems like years. The point is, if he's hired as the coach, why not give him a chance? Shizzle sandwich or not.

Come on...I am an eternal optimist.  I will get behind any coach we hire, even if reluctantly.

Just not excited by Pruitt.  At all.  Will of course give him a chance if it's him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 05:49:27 EST »

Are you setting down? I'm fine with Pruitt. He's an SEC guy. Good recruiter. Defensive minded. Give him the assistants he needs and he could do great. Of course he could end up worse than Jones. But I think he is a better gameday, X's and O's coach than Jones. We will see. If he can recruit as advertised hopefully he can get us back to 2 deep talent. I'm on board.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 10:36:25 EST »

. But I think he is a better gameday, X's and O's coach than Jones.

That is a very low bar 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: