VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:57:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My initial thought on a coach was..........  (Read 3682 times)
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:33:27 EST »

give me defense, so I am happy  with Pruitt.  Like many, I got caught up in the Leach frenzy, but I am still a believer that great teams start with defense.  I am on board.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 05:01:43 EST »

If this is indeed done, and it certainly appears that it is, I can totally get behind the Jeremy Pruitt hire. Defense. I like it.

Hopefully he can put together a killer staff and get this great program back where it deserves to be.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 05:32:50 EST »

I never got the appeal for Leach.  Not a fit, no ties relationships with High Schools down here.  With Pruitt we get that in abundance.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:37:26 EST »

I'm pleased with Pruitt, he knows defense inside and out and is one of the best recruiter in CFB. All he has to do is take an acid shower and scrub with brillo pads to get that disgusting dark red off of him, and take a sh!tload of medication before he steps foot in the state

11B4PJ3F7
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 02:07:40 EST »

I just wanted to wear an eye patch and say "Go Big Arrrrrrrrghange!"

I never got the appeal for Leach.  Not a fit, no ties relationships with High Schools down here.  With Pruitt we get that in abundance.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 02:19:23 EST »

I just wanted to wear an eye patch and say "Go Big Arrrrrrrrghange!"

Not to mention the marketing possibilities with the Vol Navy!   
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 03:37:09 EST »

I'm pulling for Pruitt. I have zero expectations.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 07:42:54 EST »

I'm pulling for Pruitt. I have zero expectations.

I'm just the opposite; I have high expectations and think he should have a winning record next season and yearly improvement.  That's not based at all on Pruitt, but on what I think any competent head coach should be able to do with a decent staff, the returning players, good recruiting, and good player development.  I don't think that's an unfair expectation.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 07:45:01 EST »

Your first view of your new coach in garish colors

https://mobile.twitter.com/Vol_Football/status/938819029317439489/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fcollege-football%2Fstory%2F_%2Fid%2F21699440%2Ftennessee-volunteers-hire-alabama-crimson-tide-assistant-coach-jeremy-pruitt-new-head-coach

BG

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 07:54:41 EST »

I'm just the opposite; I have high expectations and think he should have a winning record next season and yearly improvement.  That's not based at all on Pruitt, but on what I think any competent head coach should be able to do with a decent staff, the returning players, good recruiting, and good player development.  I don't think that's an unfair expectation.

I agree.  First year coach or not, I don't think 8 wins in really an unreasonable expectation for next season.  I mean, we return 18 starters- even more than that if you count all the guys coming back from injury. 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 07:57:19 EST »

I agree.  First year coach or not, I don't think 8 wins in really an unreasonable expectation for next season.  I mean, we return 18 starters- even more than that if you count all the guys coming back from injury. 
I wouldn't mind 1-11 next year

as long as that one win was on the Third Saturday in October

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 11:24:46 EST »

I'm with you.

We do need a good QB coach to coach up one of our guys though

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: