VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 03:47:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press conference tonight at 6:05.*  (Read 1831 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2017, 05:29:59 EST »

`
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 05:49:49 EST »

So, assuming it is Pruitt, I have heard one sticking point was when he was going to start.  He apparently wanted to stay at Bama thru the playoffs - I wonder how that shook out........if true.

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:12:47 EST »

I read one report the he will coach the playoff games but will start recuiting and putting together staff immediately.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:18:19 EST »

I read one report the he will coach the playoff games but will start recuiting and putting together staff immediately.

Yes, and same as Kirby Smart who did the same two years ago. He's going to pull double duty until after the playoff.

BG

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 07:05:59 EST »

So, assuming it is Pruitt, I have heard one sticking point was when he was going to start.  He apparently wanted to stay at Bama thru the playoffs - I wonder how that shook out........if true.

You guys should do a whole thread about this subject and look at the pros and cons. It's controversial for some Tide fans too, as some don't want a DC whose attention is diverted by issues in Knoxville, and UT fans want a coach who is hitting the road running now and not waiting until the playoffs to end.

I read a Georgia fan post saying they thought they benefited from a lot of national TV attention about Kirby and the Dawgs during the playoffs two years ago, and that he wouldn't want a coach who didn't want to help the kids he's recruited and coached to win the final games that determine the championship, which I agree with completely.

BG

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:22:56 EST »

You guys should do a whole thread about this subject and look at the pros and cons. It's controversial for some Tide fans too, as some don't want a DC whose attention is diverted by issues in Knoxville, and UT fans want a coach who is hitting the road running now and not waiting until the playoffs to end.

I read a Georgia fan post saying they thought they benefited from a lot of national TV attention about Kirby and the Dawgs during the playoffs two years ago, and that he wouldn't want a coach who didn't want to help the kids he's recruited and coached to win the final games that determine the championship, which I agree with completely.

BG

I think he should bwe 100% Vol coach. 

I guess if your D does poorly on NYD, that will be a bonus.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: