VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:04:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how would everyone feel about the Reverend Hugh Freeze as our OC?  (Read 3155 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2017, 05:52:28 EST »

It's a rumor that's out there...

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:54:47 EST »

Freeze would be huge!

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:30:12 EST »

Freeze would be huge!

He knows offense, that's for sure. 

But after the way we rejected Schiano, do we really want a guy with similar baggage?  The media would absolutely destroy us.  I realize there are several degrees of severity between what Freeze did and what Schiano is alleged to have done, but do you really expect the Fordes and Klatts of the world to differentiate between the two?

OTOH, those guys are going to hate us no matter what we do.  So what the hell- go ahead and hire him.

I'm just surprised he didn't get a show-cause.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 11:22:01 EST »

He knows offense, that's for sure. 

But after the way we rejected Schiano, do we really want a guy with similar baggage?  The media would absolutely destroy us.  I realize there are several degrees of severity between what Freeze did and what Schiano is alleged to have done, but do you really expect the Fordes and Klatts of the world to differentiate between the two?

OTOH, those guys are going to hate us no matter what we do.  So what the hell- go ahead and hire him.

I'm just surprised he didn't get a show-cause.

What Frieze did was well below what Schiano observed, or didn't observe

Nonetheless, tainted goods and we do not want.

I don't think there is anything to the rumor anyway, as it seems the OC position will be either Friend or the guy from CSU

Maybe as a consultant like Sark was at bammer though.  He won't be near any athletes. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:26:11 EST »

I can't believe Fulmer would do it after Schiano

That being said... he can coach offense, he can recruit, and he can motivate. Assign a compliance person to follow him and hire his ass

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:17 EST »

Of course they've already hired Helton but what I saw earlier didn't name an OC.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 11:42:28 EST »

I can't believe Fulmer would do it after Schiano

That being said... he can coach offense, he can recruit, and he can motivate. Assign a compliance person to follow him and hire his ass

???

BG
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 11:44:17 EST »

I'm not a fan to be honest, we started clean& I would like to keep it that way

11B4PJ3F7
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 11:58:54 EST »

Y'all are out of your collective minds. He's beaten Saban twice - at Ole Miss.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 12:07:42 EST »

Y'all are out of your collective minds. He's beaten Saban twice - at Ole Miss.

HEAD COACH MATERIAL!!!!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: