VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:47:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can get behind Pruitt if....  (Read 2010 times)
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:03:32 EST »

If Fulmer gets out of his way and lets him coach.
If Fulmer demands he hire a great OC, but does not dictate who it is.
If Fulmer can provide enough money to hire great assistants.
If he hires a recruiting coordinator first to handle all the recruiting requirements that a head coach cannot balance and run the team.
If he can mend the obvious fracture in this team.

Pruitt is going to have his hands full getting the players healthy enough to last most of the season. I do not envy him coming from Bama to this job. Solving the lack of quality LBs that can play more than 2 to 3 games before injury puts them out will be a chore. I just hope he can identify who the players are that can help the team on Saturday and can trust them.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:36:27 EST »

Being reported that he has 5 million to hire staff.. that should bring in some quality folks I think

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:03:56 EST »

The more I read, the more I like the hire.  (didn't hate it to begin with but was kind of on the fence)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:57 EST »

The more I read, the more I like the hire.  (didn't hate it to begin with but was kind of on the fence)

I accept the hire.  It's not like I have a choice.

But as I said yesterday, I refuse to "like" anything until I see some on-field results.  And even if those results are acceptable, I worry that he'll bolt for our biggest rival when the time comes.

Pruitt's our coach.  I don't want to see him fail.  But so much about this gives me pause.

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:31 EST »

I accept the hire.  It's not like I have a choice.

But as I said yesterday, I refuse to "like" anything until I see some on-field results.  And even if those results are acceptable, I worry that he'll bolt for our biggest rival when the time comes.

Pruitt's our coach.  I don't want to see him fail.  But so much about this gives me pause.

I get where you're coming from. Because, frankly, if Fulmer had trotted Steele up to the podium this evening, I would have been done supporting the program. I'd still be a "Tennessee fan," obviously. All those people who say they're gonna become a Clemson fan or a Florida State fan or something are on the bandwagon to start with. They aren't a fan of Tennessee; they just have a rooting interest in Tennessee. But I would not have gone to any more games, purchased any more merchandise, or spent one freakin' cent supporting the UTAD until some results showed up on the field.

I don't know that we'll get good results with Pruitt, but at least it's a hire I can feel decent about. I'm in show-me mode myself, though. I went all in on Dooley and all in on Butch. I want Pruitt to show me something good. My gut says he's gonna be better than either of those guys, but I'm not going to try to convince myself of that, like I did with them.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 10:01:50 EST »

I accept the hire.  It's not like I have a choice.

But as I said yesterday, I refuse to "like" anything until I see some on-field results.  And even if those results are acceptable, I worry that he'll bolt for our biggest rival when the time comes.

Pruitt's our coach.  I don't want to see him fail.  But so much about this gives me pause.

If he's successful and he builds UT up, the fans will get behind him and treat him well, his family will settle in. I see your concerns,  but I think he *could* stick around for a while regardless of other vacancies.

If he flounders and bolts, well, it might be good for everyone to part ways
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:03:37 EST by FLVOL » Logged

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: