VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:06:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any prayer of getting Cade back?  (Read 7337 times)
10EC
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:59:48 EST »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:01:16 EST »

Doesn't sound like it.  But if Pruitt is the ace recruiter he's billed to be, this will be his first test.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:53:00 EST »

So apparently CJP and PF have met or are meeting with Cade and family today at his HS.  Their pitch is not to sway him away from Clemson or Georgia, but simply to hold off and not sign during the early signing period and let this new TN staff recruit him.  Sounds like it won't hurt him at all either, so it will be telling if he chooses not to sign early.  Good strategy, IYAM.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:45:51 EST »

Reading from some folks that have kids involved in the same HS program or know the situation they feel the chances are slim. He has decided he wants to get away from home and I've read his Dad likes to coach him from the stands. I have no idea if true but more than one has said that. Also read he needs quite a bit of development and he's not a Trey Smith type that's ready to step in and play.

That being said I hope Pruitt can change his mind....We've had too much local/area talent bypass Knoxville the last few years.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:48:29 EST by Tnphil » Logged
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:12:05 EST »

I want to be clear that I also have no idea as to the truth, but I have heard it said that his Dad is emulating Lavar Ball.  I don't want to lose any Tennessee kid, so I also hope we turn him, just hope it is not a 'be careful what you wish for" situation.

Reading from some folks that have kids involved in the same HS program or know the situation they feel the chances are slim. He has decided he wants to get away from home and I've read his Dad likes to coach him from the stands. I have no idea if true but more than one has said that. Also read he needs quite a bit of development and he's not a Trey Smith type that's ready to step in and play.

That being said I hope Pruitt can change his mind....We've had too much local/area talent bypass Knoxville the last few years.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:54:35 EST »

I want to be clear that I also have no idea as to the truth, but I have heard it said that his Dad is emulating Lavar Ball.  I don't want to lose any Tennessee kid, so I also hope we turn him, just hope it is not a 'be careful what you wish for" situation.

Kevin Mays is no Lavar Ball...
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 02:53:21 EST »

Had a good visit with UT coaches today, but Dabo followed a couple of hours later, and I am told that visit went really well, too.

From what I am being told by a great source on that staff, I think it comes down to UGA and Clemson.  Clemson is where his former team mate Amari Roger (Tee's boy) is and he and Cade are good friends, but UGA gets the last visit this weekend before signing day next Wednesday.  And UGA has and ace in the hole with Sam Pittman, whom I have been told has developed a great relationship with Cade.  Were I a betting man, I would bet he ends up a Dawg. 

UT's best hope would be to convince him not to sign in the early period (Dec 20-23) and buy themselves a couple more weeks to try and turn him.  Cade is going to be an early enrollee, but he doesn't have to sign in the early signing period to go ahead and enroll early. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 03:53:49 EST »

You're right, that was what over the top.  Vocal little league parent would  be a better description of what I have heard, and truthfully, those I heard it from would meet that same description.  I suspect a lot of us have met that description at some point.  Kevin was a hard-nosed, aggressive player with a strong personality, exactly what you want In an OL.  I hope we get Cade, and if we do, I hope he has Kevin's on-field attitude.

Kevin Mays is no Lavar Ball...
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 09:06:23 EST »

For whatever reason, it looks like Cade is not going to be a Vol.

While I hate to see another local kid leave to play somewhere else, it is totally his decision to make.  I will not criticize him or his family if he chooses to go elsewhere.

If he doesn't want to be a part of the Tennessee program then we are better off without him and he is better off being somewhere else.

After saying all of that, I will conclude by saying that this all seems very weird to me.  The kid supposedly grew up loving UT football, had a dad who played for the Vols, and he was committed to the university for several years.  Then, all of a sudden, everything changed.  It would be interesting to know the whole story (even though we likely never will).
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 09:33:19 EST »

For whatever reason, it looks like Cade is not going to be a Vol.

While I hate to see another local kid leave to play somewhere else, it is totally his decision to make.  I will not criticize him or his family if he chooses to go elsewhere.

If he doesn't want to be a part of the Tennessee program then we are better off without him and he is better off being somewhere else.

After saying all of that, I will conclude by saying that this all seems very weird to me.  The kid supposedly grew up loving UT football, had a dad who played for the Vols, and he was committed to the university for several years.  Then, all of a sudden, everything changed.  It would be interesting to know the whole story (even though we likely never will).
FCBJ is what happened

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 09:45:21 EST »

FCBJ is what happened

^This........FCBJ (tm Pirate ) did a lot of damage to the UT program....Fact.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 04:58:35 EST »

FCBJ is what happened

That may be completely true. This entire turn around by this young man could be completely on Butch.

If that is true, however, it doesn't make sense to me that Phil couldn't get Tennessee back in the IN once he came into power. I just wonder if there's not more to the story than we will ever know.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 08:47:06 EST »

That may be completely true. This entire turn around by this young man could be completely on Butch.

If that is true, however, it doesn't make sense to me that Phil couldn't get Tennessee back in the IN once he came into power. I just wonder if there's not more to the story than we will ever know.

I suspect a couple of factors may be in play:
1) he wants to play on the big stage, with a chance at championships
2) he may be similar to Peyton that he wants to play not where his dad did.
My bet is on #1

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 07:19:34 EST »

Apparently Cade will be announcing this Wednesday @2:30pm who he will be signing with and will sign at that time.  I guess the Vols are out.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 07:49:09 EST »

I'd say he commits to UGA.....he and Pittman have a solid relationship. If not then Clemson.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 03:19:53 EST »

I'd say he commits to UGA.....he and Pittman have a solid relationship. If not then Clemson.

Yep.  I was told yesterday morning that Pittman and UGA made up a lot of ground over the weekend. 

Be interesting to see what hat he pulls tomorrow. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 06:06:06 EST »

Well that makes me sick twice over.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 08:04:08 EST »

30 minutes till the big ballcap, shellgame, fakeout extravaganza! - I can't wait.....

Final predictions?

I think he is going to shock the world and go East Tennessee with my man Randy Sanders!   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 09:15:07 EST »

UGA as expected.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 11:32:49 EST »

Well that makes me sick twice over.

You don't have to be.  He's not another Trey Smith. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 12:09:05 EST »

https://twitter.com/niedermeyerb/status/943598093748064256?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Ecom.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

For those who don't know, Niedermeyer is an assistance coach on Pruitt's new staff at UT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: