VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:26:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm still not sold, but I will say this...  (Read 6834 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2017, 03:12:42 EST »

Five years ago, when Butch said he would bring the best staff in America, I pictured a staff that looked a lot less like the one he ended up hiring, and a lot more like the one that Pruitt appears to be building.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:52:00 EST »

Yep.  if you need to google these guys, no need to do it individually, just google list of top recruiters in SEC (and Mtn. West in the case of Friend/Fair). As a bonus they have very successful position groups.  How about that, coaches who can coach!  I am thinking part if his deal is "you will have the money you need".

Five years ago, when Butch said he would bring the best staff in America, I pictured a staff that looked a lot less like the one he ended up hiring, and a lot more like the one that Pruitt appears to be building.
[/qu1ote]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:55:11 EST by LouisVOL » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 05:51:19 EST »

Brice hinting that tomorrow will be another good day regarding staffing:

"A bright day for @Vol_Football stands to keep shining on Friday. Promising signs for continued STRONG additions to Pruitt’s staff. Rounding into by far most complete group of coaches/recruiters since ‘09 on #RockyTop"
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 05:52:24 EST »

This occurred to me also.  Not sure the CSU OC or Helton's boy will revive our offense, but the other names seem solid to excellent.

Tracy Rocker is my age...I recall hearing his name quite a bit in Neyland in the classic UT - AU games of the late 80s.  On the wrong side of it, but we beat them badly in 85.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:03:30 EST »

This occurred to me also.  Not sure the CSU OC or Helton's boy will revive our offense, but the other names seem solid to excellent.

Tracy Rocker is my age...I recall hearing his name quite a bit in Neyland in the classic UT - AU games of the late 80s.  On the wrong side of it, but we beat them badly in 85.   

Rocker was an All-American for Auburn. He's also supposedly an excellent coach.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 06:07:38 EST »

BG

Yes, on name alone I am happy with him.  If he was the DL coach at Auburn, he's probably pretty good. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 01:07:24 EST »

Brice hinting that tomorrow will be another good day regarding staffing:

"A bright day for @Vol_Football stands to keep shining on Friday. Promising signs for continued STRONG additions to Pruitt’s staff. Rounding into by far most complete group of coaches/recruiters since ‘09 on #RockyTop"

If his emphasis of the word "STRONG" means what I hope it means, it will be a very good day indeed.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 03:28:26 EST »

in my mind, the most important staff hire he will make is S&C.  We absolutely must get bigger-stronger-faster, and healthier. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 03:48:08 EST »

in my mind, the most important staff hire he will make is S&C.  We absolutely must get bigger-stronger-faster, and healthier. 

Which is exactly what I was referring to in my previous post.  Who's the most important cog in the Saban machine, other than Saban himself?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2605820-alabamas-600000-strength-coach-is-catalyst-of-nick-sabans-dynasty

I'm hearing Pruitt will make a run at him.  Make no mistake, it's a big longshot.  Saban will probably make him the nation's first million dollar strength coach, if that's what it takes to keep him.  But let's see what happens.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 04:09:44 EST »

Which is exactly what I was referring to in my previous post.  Who's the most important cog in the Saban machine, other than Saban himself?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2605820-alabamas-600000-strength-coach-is-catalyst-of-nick-sabans-dynasty

I'm hearing Pruitt will make a run at him.  Make no mistake, it's a big longshot.  Saban will probably make him the nation's first million dollar strength coach, if that's what it takes to keep him.  But let's see what happens.

If he flips from Bama to UT, I'd shyt a golden monkey and put a video of me doing it on youtube

11B4PJ3F7
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 04:27:13 EST »

BG

Rocker's reputation is that he is a tremendous on the field coach, but he doesn't like to recruit. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
10EC
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 06:28:01 EST »

If he flips from Bama to UT, I'd shyt a golden monkey and put a video of me doing it on youtube

I took a screen shot of this..... 'cause ... you never know... 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 07:21:02 EST »

and D U R A B L E !

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 08:12:04 EST »

If his emphasis of the word "STRONG" means what I hope it means, it will be a very good day indeed.

Hmm, recalling past negative posts regarding source of Tide strength. Now...

BG
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:04 EST »

I took a screen shot of this..... 'cause ... you never know... 

11B4PJ3F7
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 08:50:34 EST »

Rocker's reputation is that he is a tremendous on the field coach, but he doesn't like to recruit. 

Hmm, wasn't aware of the recruiting end. Thanks Herb.

BG
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 09:14:01 EST »

Hmm, recalling past negative posts regarding source of Tide strength. Now...

BG

You bet I did.  Question: Does Cochran also double as your team "pharmacist", or would we need to sign them both?

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 09:21:33 EST »

You bet I did.  Question: Does Cochran also double as your team "pharmacist", or would we need to sign them both?

Don't kid yourself. Those guys worked hard in the weight room and in Saban's 4th quarter program.

Your head coach would tell you the same.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 09:52:37 EST »

Don't kid yourself. Those guys worked hard in the weight room and in Saban's 4th quarter program.

Your head coach would tell you the same.

BG

http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2014/03/narcotics_task_force_busts_man.html

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 10:03:26 EST »

Can be purchased anywhere in the country. Your teams have been dismal for years. They aren't tough enough and recruiting has to drastically improve.

Most here know all this, but there are a couple who bury their heads in the sand and blame others for what's wrong in Knoxville.

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: