VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:45:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have y'all seen the viral video of the bullied boy from East TN?  (Read 6802 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:16:45 EST »

Poor little fella. Some UT players are going to his school.   Delanie Walker of the Titans sent him a personal message and invite to Titans game. The President of the UFC has reached out. There is still much good in the world. He is going to be the top dog now! Bless his heart. I was never bullied but witnessed unmerciful bullying. No call for it.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:29:12 EST »

He actually goes to Horace Maynard School in Union County.   

Sean Hannity has offered to bring he and his family to New York City, and Sean Salisbury wants them to be his guests all expenses paid to the Cotton Bowl. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:42:50 EST »

Even the great Bill Dance is in on it:

https://twitter.com/Bill_Dance1/status/939981020778106880

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:08:35 EST »

Nick Fitzgerald, Dana White, Dale Jr., Mark Ruffalo, the girl from Stranger Things, and more.  If that kid takes everyone up on every offer he's received today, he'll be busy for the next year.

The power of VolTwitter, folks.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 01:37:31 EST »

Cool story 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 03:45:25 EST »

Good job Gitmo and Byrd

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/look-jarrett-guarantano-sticks-word-visits-local-celebrity-keaton-jones/
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 04:08:45 EST »

Proud of our players for stepping up on this one -- along with many other people.    I was bullied for a short time in elementary school and believe me, it hurts very much.   I remember, at the age of 12, going home from school, climbing in my daddy's lap and just crying and telling him about it.   I cried when I watched his video this weekend....just broke my heart.  And I cannot believe the school isn't doing something when kids are pouring milk on him!  Good grief!! 

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 04:17:29 EST »

This story has gone national. Just now read it completely and it's just so sad and so wrong.

BG
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 07:53:34 EST »

Unfortunately, race baiting types are now trying to paint him and his family as racists because of pictures of the Confederate Battle Flag on his mother's Facebook page. 

To their credit, many of color who have supported him have warned those pointing the racist fingers that they are wrong to go in that direction. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 12:56:07 EST »

Now it looks like he's getting some lax gear from a college, U.S. National team, and MLL great!   

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 03:54:22 EST »

Unfortunately, race baiting types are now trying to paint him and his family as racists because of pictures of the Confederate Battle Flag on his mother's Facebook page. 

To their credit, many of color who have supported him have warned those pointing the racist fingers that they are wrong to go in that direction. 

I read the TMZ story earlier and could feel my ears turning red. A credible news organization (it's hard to say that with a straight face) suggesting that support for this kid should be dropped because his mother drapes herself in the Confederate flag. 1) The kid has no control over his mother's world views, and 2) what does his mother's endorsement of the Confederate flag have to do with the price of tea in China to begin with?

I generally find that folks who proudly wave the Confederate flag aren't the type of people I want to hang out with. Not always; that's a broad brush to be painting with. But generally. That, however, should have absolutely no bearing on this kid's plight. Then there's the fact that finally a stand is being taken against bullying and there are those among us who want to kill the movement in its tracks. It's as disgusting as the national sports media's shaming of Tennessee fans for taking a stand against Schiano, a move that could be seen as a major university's fan base finally taking a stand against rape culture.

At the end of the day, though, this is the height of irony. The race-baiters hate the Confederate flag and, more than that, they hate those who stand behind the Confederate flag. Those people's world views don't line up with their own, so they believe those people should be silenced at any cost. Isn't this what drives bullying in the first place? Hatred and a refusal to accept those and things that are "different"? What this boy's mother is experiencing today is bullying. I mean, don't cry for her, Argentina; she's an adult and she chose to place those images on her Facebook page. But this is why are kids go to school and bully and are bullied...because they're replicating what they see at home. That isn't going to change until we change.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 04:59:02 EST »

I read the TMZ story earlier and could feel my ears turning red. A credible news organization (it's hard to say that with a straight face) suggesting that support for this kid should be dropped because his mother drapes herself in the Confederate flag. 1) The kid has no control over his mother's world views, and 2) what does his mother's endorsement of the Confederate flag have to do with the price of tea in China to begin with?

I generally find that folks who proudly wave the Confederate flag aren't the type of people I want to hang out with. Not always; that's a broad brush to be painting with. But generally. That, however, should have absolutely no bearing on this kid's plight. Then there's the fact that finally a stand is being taken against bullying and there are those among us who want to kill the movement in its tracks. It's as disgusting as the national sports media's shaming of Tennessee fans for taking a stand against Schiano, a move that could be seen as a major university's fan base finally taking a stand against rape culture.

At the end of the day, though, this is the height of irony. The race-baiters hate the Confederate flag and, more than that, they hate those who stand behind the Confederate flag. Those people's world views don't line up with their own, so they believe those people should be silenced at any cost. Isn't this what drives bullying in the first place? Hatred and a refusal to accept those and things that are "different"? What this boy's mother is experiencing today is bullying. I mean, don't cry for her, Argentina; she's an adult and she chose to place those images on her Facebook page. But this is why are kids go to school and bully and are bullied...because they're replicating what they see at home. That isn't going to change until we change.

Excellent.

BG
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 06:15:06 EST »

I hope it doesn't backfire on the kid. Knowing bullies the way I do... their jealousy will only be inflamed.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 07:43:55 EST »

I hope it doesn't backfire on the kid. Knowing bullies the way I do... their jealousy will only be inflamed.

This is my concern.  Long after the celebrities stop using this for face time, what will happen to the kid?  He will be at the school several more years.  The media attention will fade quickly. 

Having said that, I suspect the local people such as Gurantano, Byrd, etc, might stay in contact.  Still...at some point down the road, he will probably have to deal with it all over again, and it might be worse because of all the attention.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 08:35:27 EST »

This is my concern.  Long after the celebrities stop using this for face time, what will happen to the kid?  He will be at the school several more years.  The media attention will fade quickly. 

Having said that, I suspect the local people such as Gurantano, Byrd, etc, might stay in contact.  Still...at some point down the road, he will probably have to deal with it all over again, and it might be worse because of all the attention.

At some point you have to throw a punch.  May not be politically correct, but it's the truth.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:18 EST »

<rant>
This is all about advanced citizenship plain and simple. Regardless of yours or my beliefs in what the Confederate flag stands for each one of us has the right to state how we feel about that flag and what it stands for.  That is part of the constitution. Lots of people conveniently forget that the Bill of Rights guarantees that we have freedom of speech even though you may disagree with my viewpoint or I with your viewpoint.  For example if I was going out and burning the flag of the US the Supreme Court has held that is covered by the Free Speech amendment.  I abhor Slavery, but if I want to fly or display the confederate flag that is my right to do that without others threatening me with bodily harm for flying that flag.  If people that think the flag is racist then that is on them not I or anyone else that flies the Confederate Flag.  People that say "I hate you because you support racism by flying the Confederate Flag" are participating in squelching my freedom of speech and that is just wrong!  If they go out and burn the flag then I will be very upset, but I am not going to say one thing about them because they have the right to do that as a form of protest.  If I display the Confederate Flag then I am protesting the bullying and crap that the PC crowd has put into place that says unless you believe like they do then you are wrong.  But they so conveniently forget that the self same freedom of speech that has protected them when they were protesting apartheid and burning the flag is the self same rights that I have as a citizen of these United States. 

Do I abhor slavery, yes and I have never once owned any human white, black, green, red or purple.  To claim that I am being racist if I wave the Confederate flag is infantile and just plain wrong on so many counts.  That is just the same as someone calling me "whitey" since I am a Caucasian individual.  I am sick and tired of the consistent attitudes of the left that we all get into lock step and march to their drummer or we are just "racist Trump loving whiteys that just want to keep the minorities down"!  I heard something similar from that German guy back in the 1930s and 40s.  When does the left start requiring us to say Heil Obama or Heil Clinton? 
</rant>

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 07:03:09 EST »

The best reaction: Stay focused on the issue of bullying.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lYEj9snU838

BG

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 07:30:02 EST »

The story gets even worse for this boy. His progenitor (This man is the antithesis of a father) once threatened to kill him. He's an ignorant white-supremacist currently incarcerated, and thank God this boy has nothing to do with him.

Also note Keaton had a brain tumor at birth and has had numerous procedures since its original removal.

My prayers for this young man. May God bless him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5179389/Keaton-Jones-racist-father-threatened-shoot-him.html

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/tennessee/2017/12/14/keaton-jones-bullied/949360001/

BG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: