VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:48:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pruitt is very hard-nosed. Here's a couple of articles that explains...  (Read 4412 times)
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2017, 03:33:16 EST »

just how stubborn and hard-nosed he can get. As I said earlier, at times when disagreeing with Saban, he wasn't shy about expressing his view. Fulmer can expect the same.

FWIW, a couple of years ago someone linked Pruitt's Twitter account to our board as he was blasting someone at Georgia for not taking their football seriously. I'm not sure what the issue was but this event probably coincided with some of the issues discussed in these articles.

A "homerun or a strike out" is the analogy by the writer, and a good one, IMO.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/former-uga-d-coordinator-jeremy-pruitt-high-risk-hire-tennessee

https://www.seccountry.com/georgia/uga-legend-fran-tarkenton-bulldogs-had-a-disruptive-culture-under-ex-dc-jeremy-pruitt

BG
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:53 EST »

I have no issue with anything I read, I'm actually kinda happy to read it

11B4PJ3F7
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:58:57 EST »

I have no issue with anything I read, I'm actually kinda happy to read it

I personally like a hard-nosed coach who won't accept anything but your very best.

BG
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 04:23:35 EST »

I paid little attention to what the DN writer had to say after he made the halfhearted case that Tee and Steele would've been better choices. 
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 04:25:51 EST »

I paid little attention to what the DN writer had to say after he made the halfhearted case that Tee and Steele would've been better choices. 

That certainly put it in perspective...
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 04:41:22 EST »

Sounds like he has learned more than football from Nick Saban.  He is hiring assistants that know him, know his style, know his personality.
 All I have read is players love him.   We need hardnosed, and, it is indeed Babe Ruth or Mighty Casey, but I am parking my butt in right field.

just how stubborn and hard-nosed he can get. As I said earlier, at times when disagreeing with Saban, he wasn't shy about expressing his view. Fulmer can expect the same.

FWIW, a couple of years ago someone linked Pruitt's Twitter account to our board as he was blasting someone at Georgia for not taking their football seriously. I'm not sure what the issue was but this event probably coincided with some of the issues discussed in these articles.

A "homerun or a strike out" is the analogy by the writer, and a good one, IMO.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/former-uga-d-coordinator-jeremy-pruitt-high-risk-hire-tennessee

https://www.seccountry.com/georgia/uga-legend-fran-tarkenton-bulldogs-had-a-disruptive-culture-under-ex-dc-jeremy-pruitt

BG
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 04:57:35 EST »

Sounds like he has learned more than football from Nick Saban.  He is hiring assistants that know him, know his style, know his personality.
 All I have read is players love him.   We need hardnosed, and, it is indeed Babe Ruth or Mighty Casey, but I am parking my butt in right field.

You seem to get the point of why I posted the links. They were to show you just how hard-nosed he is, and not concerned with who this writer thinks should be coach, which is beside the point.

Personally, I like that intensity very much. That personality description is also the same one for Nick Saban.

BG

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 05:23:11 EST »

Well, you are the smartest Bama fan I know (don't get the big head, it's a very low bar).  Good to see you back here on a more regular basis by the way.

You seem to get the point of why I posted the links. They were to show you just how hard-nosed he is, and not concerned with who this writer thinks should be coach, which is beside the point.

Personally, I like that intensity very much. That personality description is also the same one for Nick Saban.

BG

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 05:26:49 EST »

Well, you are the smartest Bama fan I know (don't get the big head, it's a very low bar).  Good to see you back here on a more regular basis by the way.

Hahaha!

Thanks.

BG
RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 05:48:40 EST »

BG

Yup.  That intensity is going to grate on those who want to skate by.  If you want to be the best, those people need to be pushed so that they either step up or step out.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 07:19:54 EST »

Yup.  That intensity is going to grate on those who want to skate by.  If you want to be the best, those people need to be pushed so that they either step up or step out.
THIS

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 09:38:37 EST »

It's a very low bar.  He's afraid to take the Wonderlic.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: